FOURTEEN

- CHAPTER 14 -

❝Ready to see?❞

Ready to see?

The Potter Manor, summer break.

REMUS LUPIN was the literal definition of perfect. Phoenyx had been ecstatic about the camping trip. Running around the house, packing random things. She could not wait to go.

However, when they reached the camping site, it had started storming very heavily.

For the safety of the children, the parents suggested that they go back home and do camping some other day instead.

As soon as that had happened, Phoenyx started to feel upset. If there was one in the world that Remus hated, it was seeing his Nyx be in such a foul mood.

So, in order to make her feel better, Remus planned their own little camping trip.

Where you may ask? At their spot of course.

At first, Remus did not know how to set everything up. However, after talking to his friends, he was glad to know that they were more than willing to help him out.

Out of all of the boys, it was definitely Regulus who had been the most useful.

When they were done, Remus went to Phoenyx and asked her if she had wanted to go for a little walk after lunch. Fortunately, she said yes.

"Close your eyes, would you?" Remus asked her while they were walking down the forest.

With a confused look at his direction, Phoenyx closed her eyes. She didn't need to be told twice to do something by Remus. Phoenyx had trusted him so much that if he told her to jump off a roof, she would jump off with zero hesitation in her mind.

Holding her delicate hands in his, Remus took the girl up to their spot which was set up with a tent, beautiful fairy lights and a variety of sweets that Phoenyx had adored.

"Ready to see?" he asked her.

Nodding her head, Phoenyx opened her eyes and let out a quiet gasp. It was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen. Everything she loved, all together.

"Remus.." the girl whispered.

Turning towards the boy, Phoenyx wrapped her arms around his torso and gave him a bone crushing hug.

To Remus, however, the hug was absolutely perfect. Holding her in his arms, Remus wished this moment would last forever.

"I love it Remus," Phoenyx said while looking up at his eyes.

For the next few hours, Remus and Phoenyx sat side by side. Talking about the most random things, laughing at the most weirdest jokes. At one point, Remus had his head in the girl's lap and she was reading him his favourite book.

Pride and Prejudice.

Running her hands through his hair, Remus was in heaven. Something the boy enjoyed was having his hair played with.

And to have that happen by the hands of Phoenyx Potter was an absolute dream.

After a while, Remus got up and sat next to the girl instead. When Phoenyx turned around to look at him, she realised how close they were actually sitting.

Arms flushed against each other, they were very very close.

For the second time that week, the two looked at each other and stared. This time, however, they were not backing out.

"Remus.."

"I'm not going to run away this time Nyx," he said while looking at her parted lips.

Remus started leaning towards her face and, once close enough, he looked back into her beautiful eyes.

If you'd ask Remus what his favourite colour was, he'd say green. The green in her eyes, his favourite kind of green.

Finally, after what felt like eternity, Remus connected their lips together and immediately after, it felt like they were on top of the Seven Skies.

His lips were soft against hers, almost like silk. Their hearts started beating faster, ready to fall out of their chests at any given second.

It was as if time had stopped, watching the two and supporting them in their little moment. If Phoenyx was not sitting down, her knees would've given up on her and she would have fallen.

Opening his eyes, Remus had to see if he wasn't just imagining this like every other times and when he did, he felt like his breath was taken away. She was real, and she was pressed up against his chest, her lips on his.

Wherever Remus touched, he felt sparks ignite underneath his fingertips and with every breath he took, he could smell her strawberry scent deeper and deeper, engraving itself inside his mind.

And for the first time in his life, Remus felt confident. Remus felt as though he could do whatever he wanted, as long as he had his Phoenyx by his side.

To the two, the kiss was perfect. It was like they were kids, discovering something new in their life and thinking, they were never going to let go off of it.

Breathing heavily, the two broke apart and let out soft smiles towards each other. They had been waiting for this moment, the both of them.

To be each others first kiss and, hopefully last, they were more than happy.

They were about to connect their lips again but hearing a crack on their right, they broke out of their trance and looked around.

To Phoenyx, there was no one there.

But to Remus, he knew his three friends were standing right there.

"You nosy little gits."