ELEVEN

- CHAPTER 11 -

❝Mind if we come in?❞

Mind if we come in?

The Potter Manor, Summer break.

FOR PHOENYX, the days were passing by excruciatingly slow. Even though she had been exchanging letters with Remus, every single day might i add, she missed the boy a lot more than she'd like to admit.

For James, the worry he had for Sirius was eating him like a plague. He didn't want to think about the horrors that may be inflicted on the boy. However, James couldn't help but do so.

"He's gonna be alright son, don't worry too much," Fleamont Potter had said.

James let out a quick smile and went back to his cleaning. He had to do the chores for the day and it had made his mood a lot worse.

The only thing he was excited for was their trip coming up in the next few days. Him and his family were going to go camping for around a day or two.

He had asked all of his friends to come join him but unfortunately, most of them had declined. Most of them except his closest of friends.

Remus, Peter and Sirius.

Although he did not know how exactly Sirius was supposed to join them, he knew that the boy was very mischievous and would probably figure something out.

"James? Are you done? Mum says dinners ready," Phoenyx said while standing at the door.

"You know, maybe if you helped.."

As a reply, the only thing he heard was the small chuckle from his little sister. Going over to her brother, Phoenyx took the cloth from his hands and started cleaning the cupboard herself.

Yes, they could use magic. However, their mother preferred making them do everything with their own hands instead.

Euphemia has always taught the two to be independent. To be able to do things on their own and not rely on magic for every single thing. Sometimes, they loved it. Other times, not so much.

After the pair was done, they cleaned up and went to eat dinner with their parents. They were a small family of 4, but very close indeed.

"Mum, the boys are gonna be coming on Monday i think," said James with his mouth full.

"James Potter, chew before talking would you?" Euphemia replied.

Giving her a toothy grin, James went back to eating.

Phoenyx was about to say something as well when, all of a sudden, the doorbell to their house started ringing furiously.

"James, go open the door please," said Fleamont Potter.

"I'll do it dad," Phoenyx replied.

Phoenyx was about to head up to the door and answer the person behind it when, from beside her, James pushed his plate away and got up from his chair.

"Race you to the door!"

No matter what the two did, they would always have some sort of competition rolling around. It kept them busy at all times and was, actually, quite fun for the two as well.

Shoving her brother away, Phoenyx laughed and opened the door to their house.

"Hello, how can i he-"

"Mind if we come in?"

In front of her, standing in a very fatal position was Sirius.

Sirius Black.

It was Sirius Black and he was covered in blood, holding on to his brother for support but still smiling at them throughout it all, failing to hide his pained eyes.

"Mum, help! it's Sirius!" James shouted to his mother.

Helping Regulus with holding Sirius, James led the two inside and into their living room.

When Euphemia walked in, she didn't expect to see Sirius in such a condition. It reminded her of when she first found Phoenyx.

"Oh my! Fleamont, go get me my wand and some cloth please!" she said with hurry.

For the next few minutes, Euphemia Potter helped the young boy and just hoped he was going to be okay.

James and Phoenyx couldnt help but cry out of worry for their dear friend. They knew his life at home was horrible but they didn't expect it to get this bad.

However, deep down, they were glad.

They were glad that Sirius was able to trust them like this.

"I'll go send a letter to the others," Phoenyx said with tears falling down her face.

After leaving, she wrote a letter to all of their friends. Hoping that they'd be able to come a bit earlier to comfort their brother.

In the living room, Sirius could feel the pain slowing down. When him and Walburga had a fight, he thought she'd let him go.

But, to his dismay, she had decided that punishing him was the best way to discipline him and his behaviour.

Sirius didn't want to run away, he really didn't. Leaving his brother alone with his parents was the last thing he had wanted to do.

However, he was surprised when Regulus himself showed up to his room, arm holding a tiny suitcase and tears falling out of his eyes.

"I can't see you like this anymore, we have to leave."