TWENTY

- CHAPTER 20 -

❝Anything you want us to be

Anything you want us to be.

Hogsmeade, sixth year.

REGULUS AND JAMES were having an amazing time at the trip. Even though most of the words were spoken by the latter, it was still one of the best trips he has ever had.

James knew that Regulus was a really shy boy so he was surprised to see the younger Black being this comfortable around him.

His humour was dark, but hilarious. His words were soft spoken, but would always leave a huge impact on him.

His french. Oh, his french.

"Mon Dieu, you really do get on my nerves," Regulus said with amusement behind his eyes.

For the past thirty minutes, James had been trying to see how many Bertie Bott's beans he could fit in his mouth. He was actually quite surprised to see that it was more than 30 this time around.

When he felt someone slap him across the head, the jelly beans started to pour out of his mouth and onto the table.

"What the fuck are you doing James?" asked Remus Lupin.

James, all while choking on a few of the sweets, turned his head around and saw Remus standing with Phoenyx by his side.

Both of them having the same confused looks etched on their faces.

"Having fun on your date?" James asked with a smirk after recovering.

Phoenyx looked over at her brother with a soft smile. Raising one of her eyebrows, she couldn't help but say,

"Yes, we were. Are you?"

For Phoenyx and Remus, it was true. They had been having a lot of fun spending their time roaming around the different shops, making jokes about the silliest of things that they'd see around them.

At her words, Regulus started to choke on his own spit. He was about to say no when James beat him to it and replied to Phoenyx instead.

"We actually were before you two arrived."

Even though James wouldn't consider hanging out with Regulus a date, he still replied to his little sister with those words hoping that she'd leave.

He loved his sister very dearly. However, him and Regulus were having an amazing time alone, and he had planned to keep it that way.

"Well, hurry along then!" James said while shoving them both away.

With an amused look at the boy's direction, the two walked away from their seats and towards the Three Broomsticks.

"Cmon, lets get some butterbeer," Remus said with a smile.

Out of habit, he grabbed the girls hands in his and started walking towards the pub, happiness present very clearly on his usually distressed face.

"Remus! Don't you look so happy today!" exclaimed Rosmerta with a wink.

"It's all thanks to Phoenyx here," he replied while softly nudging the girl.

With a dramatic gasp towards the two, Rosmerta grabbed Phoenyx by her arm and pulled her into a tight hug.

"Congrats you two! I cant believe my kids are growing up," she said while pretending to cry.

In her grasp, Phoenyx was a blushing mess. Rosmerta wasn't the first person to act this way.

After pulling away from the hug and asking the lady for two butterbeers, Phoenyx took Remus by the hand and towards the back of the pub.

"Merlin, i'm tired!" she said with a lazy smile.

When Remus gazed towards Phoenyx, he was sure his heart was going to leap out of his chest. She was wearing his jacket, since she had gotten very cold earlier, and she looked very beautiful in it.

Even though it was a simple jacket, it was still his after all. And seeing the girl wear his clothes had made Remus go crazy. He absolutely loved it.

"Two butterbeers coming right up!"

Thanking the lady, Phoenyx grabbed the glass up to her lips and took a big gulp out of the drink. After all the walking, she was thirsty.

"Careful, you got a little something there," Remus said with a soft smile.

Leaning over the table, he swiped his finger across the girls lips. Slowly, but surely. Staring into the eyes of his first love, Remus was sure he was going to pass out at any given moment.

"What are we Remus?" the girl asked suddenly.

For the past few days, Remus had been thinking about the exact same thing. He wanted to be more than friends with her, he always had.

"Anything you want us to be," he replied while looking into her eyes.

Phoenyx took his hand away from her face and held it firmly in her lap.

"I-I like you Remus. I always have," she said with hesitation.

"Good thing I like you too then."

Phoenyx looked at him with shocked eyes. She did not expect him to talk about his feelings so easily. The girl was sure that he would take some time to open up to her.

"W-What?" she asked with confusion.

"I have always liked you Nyx, maybe even more than that. You were the only person, throughout my whole life, who has always made me feel so loved and cherished during my most horrible days," he said with a smile.

Hearing him say those words, Phoenyx Potter had never felt so happy in her life. As for Remus, he had been preparing for this exact moment. He knew that one day, he'd have to talk about his feelings to the girl and he was actually quite happy about his confidence at that time.

"Look at these lovebirds Prongs, i think I'm gonna throw up."