THREE

- CHAPTER 3 -

❝I'll forgive you, but only on one condition

I'll forgive you, but only on one condition.

Hogwarts, Fifth year.

AFTER HIS CONVERSATION with Phoenyx, Remus knew what he had to do. If there was one thing that he had ever wished for, it was to see Sirius and Phoenyx becoming good friends.

He hated that Sirius had always held a grudge against Phoenyx. Since none of them knew about their long term friendship, he couldn't really explain to them why she was so okay with everything around her.

After every full moon, when the rest of the Marauders were sleeping away in their dorms, Phoenyx would show up at the Hospital Wing to see Remus.

Since all of the teachers knew about her and Remus, Madam Pomfrey would allow the two to spend the night together. But of course, the rest of the Marauders were not aware of that.

"I'll forgive you, but only on one condition."

"What is it?" Sirius asked earnestly.

"I want you to stop being such a dick towards Phoenyx," Remus had replied.

"What? You know why i act like that towards her and you still-"

"Listen Sirius, if i'm being completely honest with you, what goes on between her and I is none of your business. Either you listen to me right now, or I walk out of this room thinking I only have two friends left," the boy said annoyingly.

Sirius sighed, he was completely trapped now. For some reason, he was starting to understand that Remus was right. Who was he to interfere in between them?

Even though Phoenyx never talks about the boy's condition, she always cares for him in her own little ways.

Perhaps it wasn't the fact that she was oblivious to it all.

Perhaps, all along, it was that even while being kept in the dark, she was still more closer to Remus than any of the boys had ever been during their time at hogwarts.

Sirius Black was jealous. He was jealous about the fact that Phoenyx probably knew Remus a lot better than him and his friends.

"Okay, fine. I'll try. But don't expect me to be all lovey dovey towards her in just a few days time," Sirius said while rolling his eyes.

From their right, James Potter watched the interaction with a nervous glint in his eyes.

He had tried almost everything in his life to get his best mate to be as close to Phoenyx as Peter and Remus were.

And every single time, he had failed.

He always told Phoenyx that no matter what he said to Sirius, he just wouldn't listen. At one point in life, he had even considered parting ways with the boy.

But because of Phoenyx, he stopped. She knew about the boy's life at home and told her brother that no matter what happens, he would always have his sister around.

On the other hand, you never knew when Sirius Black would completely break apart. He was good with bottling up his emotions but they all knew that one day, the boy would definitely crack open.

James Potter and Sirius Black were inseparable, Phoenyx did not want her brother to ruin their friendship just because of her.

"Moony, you just did something i could never do!"