THIRTY

- CHAPTER 30 -

❝Yours forever, Lily Evans

Yours forever, Lily Evans.

The Potter Manor, Sixth year.

"SHE'S DEAD."

At first, there was absolute silence. And then, as Regulus fell down out of exhaustion, all hell broke lose.

Euphemia and Fleamont rushed forward to grab the young boy, he had gone to the Potter Manor after all.

"Fleamont, go get the kids from Hogwarts. I'll take care of him, quick!"

As for Regulus, his body felt numb inside and out. Getting out of the cave seemed like an impossibility. However, it was only because of Kreacher that the boy had survived.

"Master, I have the locket. Just as you said Master."

Regulus looked at him with tearful eyes. The locket, right. He knew that at that moment, he had to think smart. There was no time for grieving, he had to destroy the horcruxes.

"K-Kreacher, no matter what happens, I want you to destroy the locket, okay? This is my last command to you, as your Master."

Kreacher looked at him with wide eyes. Regulus Black was the one member of the family he had wished to serve for years and years to come.

"As you wish Master."

And then, the boy spent hours and hours gazing at the sea in front of him. Oh how he wished he had done the whole thing by himself.

Even if he'd be spending his last breaths, all alone, surrounded by the cold water with no hope of survival, he would still do it all in a heartbeat.

Lily, oh Lily.

"Regulus, dear, open your eyes," Euphemia said while shaking the young boy.

Surprisingly enough, the boy had barely gotten any scars on him. She guessed that the only reason he had passed out, was because of exhaustion.

"Mom!"

James Potter looked at the boy with wide, tearful eyes. Regulus was here. He was here and he was very much real.

"R-Reggie," came the quiet voice of Sirius Black.

The Marauders sat down around the boy with worrisome eyes. He looked okay, but not at the same time. It was as if his body was in pain, so much pain. But he was okay.

"What happened?"

"I don't know dear. All he said when he came home was, 'she's dead'," the lady replied with confusion.

At her words, the Marauders heads snapped towards Euphemia with shocked faces. And in just a few seconds, Phoenyx Potter broke down into hysterical cries.

Remus held the girl close to his arms, Lily Evans was gone. In just a few days, she was gone.

As for Phoenyx, she couldn't help but feel guilty. The last few days with Lily weren't really the best. Ever since their fight, they had been quite awkward around each other.

And now, knowing that Lily was not coming back, the girl could see herself falling apart.

"He also brought these letters with him."

Remus took the letters reluctantly. It had names of each of the girl's on them, none for the boys.

That could only mean one thing. They were Lily Evans last letters to her best friends, to her sisters.

"Phoenyx.."

For a few hours, Phoenyx clutched the letter close to her chest. It was the only thing connecting her with Lily and she did not want to let go.

However, after plucking up the courage, she opened the letter slowly.

Dear Nyx,

If you're reading this, I'm dead. I know i'd always joke around when I would say I could see myself dying first. But, here we are. If there's one thing that I want you to know Nyx, it's that I love you so very much. Even if we had been quite detached, you're still my sister at heart. I love you Phoenyx, please don't forget that. If you feel guilty, even if it's for a second, i'll come there and grab you by the ear myself!

Take care of yourself Nyx. And, God. Please don't name one of your kids after me, I would be so embarrassed if you did.

Tell James that I love him, would you? Not as a lover, as a friend. He is the sweetest, he deserves nothing but happiness. And please, take care of the boys for me. You know that they're a handful!

I'll see you on the other side Nyx. (hopefully not anytime soon)

Yours forever,
Lily Evans.

Yours forever,Lily Evans