SEVEN

- CHAPTER 7 -

❝They sent you to take our freak child away!❞

They sent you to take our freak child away!

The Potter Manor, 1971.

REMUS AND PHOENYX had been meeting in the forest for quite some time now. Even though the boy told himself he wouldn't go to their spot anymore, his wolf would carry them to the place immediately after being in control.

"You're back."

"I'll always be back Remus," she replied with a smile.

Remus had told her multiple times to stay away from him when he's a wolf and surprisingly enough, she had listened.

Instead of being with him the whole night, she would show up when the boy would transform back and help him heal as much as she could.

"I haven't told anyone, incase you're wondering," the girl said while cleaning his wounds.

"I know you haven't, i trust you," he said to his one and only friend.

Being a werewolf came with a lot of disadvantages. One of them being abandonment.

No matter where Remus went, everyone would run away after finding out about his condition. Due to this, the poor boy just stopped engaging with others out of his own accord.

Thinking that whatever it was in life, it wasn't meant for him. Being happy, making friends, doing what he loved.

It just wasn't for him.

"Have you gotten the letter from Hogwarts?" Phoenyx asked with excitement.

"I did actually. I'm quite shocked though. Who would want to let a werewolf roam around their school corridors so freely?" he said with distaste present in his voice.

It was really fascinating for Phoenyx to see someone talk with so much anger, so much hate towards his own self.

"Remus, i'm sure they know that werewolves are humans too!" the girl had replied.

Remus looked at her and scoffed. Humans, as if.

Growing up, the girl's parents had always taught her to treat everyone with respect and love. No matter where they come from, what colour they are, what preferences they have, everyone was to be treated the same.

"Do you want to go together? O-On the train i mean," the girl asked with hesitance.

"I don't know Phoenyx, you wouldn't want to be seen with me in public," he replied with a frown.

Phoenyx sighed. Sometimes, the boy was very very annoying.

"I don't care about others opinions Remus. If it makes you feel better, i'll tell them i met you at Diagon Alley!" she said with a smile.

Remus looked at her hesitantly and smiled back. With a quiet okay, he looked towards the sky and thought of his days with the girl.

For the past 5 years or so, he's been spending his full moons with her. Even if on some days, he'd want to stop, his wolf would go on his own towards the forest nearing her house.

No matter what he did, he'd always wake up to the sound of the girl cleaning up his wounds while humming her favourite songs.

Yes, the girl was very young, almost the same age as Remus to begin with.

However, after finding Remus, she started to learn a few healing techniques from her mother everyday so she'd be more helpful towards the boy. And after a few days, she had even tried to be an Animagus just so she could be with the boy through his transformations as well.

Not only that, but her past had also made her very familiar with the aftermath of having wounds spread all across your body.

Before she was at the Potters, Phoenyx was at the Jones.

Before she was Phoenyx Potter, she was Phoenyx Jones.

Born into a muggle family, her parents were horrified when Phoenyx had started showing magical traits at the mere age of 2.

Just at the thought of having a witch for a daughter had made the family go crazy. Doing whatever it took them to get the magic off of their child.

Not realising that magic comes from the heart and in order to stop that, they had to take her life away completely.

When Phoenyx was turning 5, her parents went shopping outside and surprisingly, they had taken her with them.

That was when, present at the place herself, was Euphemia Potter. She was out shopping as well when she noticed the strange behaviour of the couple. Every time the little girl would point at something, or show interest to a certain toy, they'd push her hand back and quieten her down with anger.

At one point, when the mother had slapped the young girl, Euphemia Potter had enough. She walked up to them, took the girl in her arms, and pointed her wand at the two.

"Y-You! They sent you didn't they? They sent you to take our freak child away!" the man said with fear lacing his voice.

Euphemia then understood what was going on. Without a single word, she obliviated the two before taking the girl to her own home.

It had taken them a while to take care of everything. From the parents, to her use of magic on the muggles and to the adoption of the little girl, it was all really hectic.

But once everything was done and Phoenyx had finally become a Potter, things took a turn for the best.

At the beginning, the girl was very shy and reserved. Flinching over the smallest of mistakes, waiting to be hit by the couple.

But after a while, she had definitely warmed up to all of them. Accepting them as her own family, her parents, her brother.

Her Remus.