SEVENTEEN

- CHAPTER 17 -

❝Mate, did you just get asked out by Gideon Prewett?❞

Mate, did you just get asked out by Gideon Prewett?

Hogwarts, Sixth year.

THE BEGINNING OF SIXTH YEAR had been quite boring for the kids. All they did was study, study, and study some more. However, things truly started becoming more interesting when the Hogsmeade weekends rolled around.

"Minnie, will you accept our forms?" Sirius Black asked with hesitation.

Minerva looked at the boy and smiled. She had heard of their situation with the Potters and had immediately changed the two brothers guardians into Euphemia and Fleamont.

"Of course Mr.Black."

Sirius was relieved. Even though he knew Hogwarts was the safest place to be, he still thought that one day, the headmaster would grab him and his brother and force them to go live with their real parents instead.

"Sirius! I-I had to ask you something.."

Sirius looked over at the voice and there, standing in all his glory was Gideon Prewett, hands held behind his back and a smile present on his face.

"Giddy! My favourite Prewett, what's up?"

Even though, as per usual, Sirius sounded completely fine, he was about to pass out from nervousness on the inside.

"Do you want to go to Hogsmeade with me? As friends— of course," Gideon asked.

The older Black's mind went blank. Had Gideon Prewett, subtly asked him out on a date?

"I-well, sure!" replied Sirius with shocked eyes.

At the reply, Gideon let out a relieved sigh. A few days ago, his brother had heard from Marlene, who had heard from Lily, who had heard from Phoenyx, that Sirius Black has had a crush on the boy for years now.

Fortunately enough, Gideon has also liked Sirius since the very beginning of their Hogwarts years.

"Mate, did you just get asked out by Gideon Prewett?" came the amused voice of James Potter.

Sirius looked at the boy and smirked.

"I guess you could say that he couldn't resist my charm after all."

Sirius Black wasn't the only one who had been asked out on a date. On the other side of the castle, Remus Lupin was pacing back and forth in the Gryffindor common room while waiting for Phoenyx Potter.

"Remus, are you alright?" asked Alice with confusion.

Remus looked at the girl with wide eyes. For a second, he thought that Phoenyx had caught him in such a state.

"I'm alright. Yeah, im fine."

With a quiet giggle, Alice looked at the boy and said,

"Remus, she's in the library you know?"

"Erm, what?"

"Phoenyx, she's in the library. She left half an hour ago," Alice replied with a smile.

Oh God.

At this point, Phoenyx would have definitely accepted someone else's invitation to Hogsmeade. Remus felt defeated, what would he do now?

"She hasn't accepted any invitations, if you're wondering. She's waiting for you Remus, go get her."

With a grateful smile at Alice, the boy ran away from their common room and into the library where, at the back corner, he knew Nyx would be present.

"Nyx?" he asked with hesitation.

"I'm here Remus," to which she had replied without any.

"Hey," he said with a nervous smile.

Remus took a chair next to Phoenyx and sat down with a sigh. He was confident in front of his friends but now, sitting in front of Phoenyx, all the words he had prepared just flew out of his mind.

At first, the two sat in a comfortable silence. Phoenyx doing her homework and Remus staring at her while leaning forward on his hand.

"Um, what are you doing Hogsmeade weekend?" he suddenly asked.

"Going to Hogsmeade of course," she replied with a chuckle.

Right, of course she was going to Hogsmeade. What an idiot.

"Well, do you want to go out with me? To Hogsmeade i mean."

"Of course i will Rem!"

"Right, bad idea. I'm sure you already- what?"

"I said yes Remus," she repeated with a smile.

Oh.

"A-Are you sure?" he asked with hesitation.

"I've been waiting for you to ask me out Rem, of course i'm sure," she replied while holding his hand in hers.

The whole day, Phoenyx had been anticipating this moment. She was nervous, to say the least. But, overall, she was bursting with excitement.

Even though the two had gone out together on multiple occasions, this time was different. This time it was special.

Ever since their kiss at the forest, the two hadn't talked about the moment at all. But deep down, they were wishing they could do something like that again.

Only this time, without being interrupted.