ONE

- CHAPTER 1 -

❝Are you fucking mental Black?❞

Are you fucking mental Black?

Hogwarts, Fifth year.

SIRIUS BLACK HAD MESSED UP. He was a troublemaker, that was well known. However, this time, Sirius Black had really messed up. Him and his three friends, known as the Marauders, were envied all around Hogwarts for their friendship and energy.

Tightly knitted as they come, they were like brothers. Their relationship reminded everyone that you don't have to be related by blood in order to be a family.

However, during one full moon, Sirius did something none of them could have ever imagined, not even the boy himself. He didn't know what came over him, to take an action such as this, but he couldn't undo it now.

One of the Marauders, known by the name of Remus Lupin, had a little bit of a furry problem.

He was a werewolf.

His friends knew that and to the boy's surprise, they did not care. In fact, they loved him so dearly, that they all became animagi just for him.

For their brother Remus.

Every full moon, they'd go with their brother to the shrieking shack. Where, after the many painful hours, Remus would transform into the beast that the boy himself absolutely loathed.

No one in Hogwarts knew about his transformations except them and, well, Phoenyx Potter of course.

Not until a boy named Severus Snape showed up.

You see, the Marauders were a very naughty bunch. At Hogwarts, they were known as the naughtiest kids the school has ever had. There wasn't a single place at Hogwarts where they hadn't caused trouble and created a huge mess with their pranks.

And out of all of the people, they pranked Severus Snape the most. It was the one thing Severus had hated about them, they bullied everyone around them so much that they would never realise how horrible they actually were.

One day, the boy had enough. He decided to expose the Marauders, their lies, their hidden secrets. However, Severus did not know that no matter how much he would try to hide, Sirius Black would always find out.

Fortunately for Severus, the boy was an absolute nutcase. And sometimes, he would never think about the consequences that his actions would come with, and just do whatever his mind would want him to.

So in order to teach Severus a lesson, Sirius told the boy to show up at the Whomping Willow and get all the answers to his desired questions that very night.

Which, ladies and gentlemen, turned out to be Sirius Black's biggest mistake in life.

"Are you fucking mental Black?"

Sirius flinched, he had never heard Remus calling him by his second name.

"Listen, i know i messed up! I'm sorry!" he replied.

Remus couldn't help but let out a scoff at that. Out of everyone in the world, his friends had known him the absolute best. So how did Sirius do something so horrible, without a single thought of worry etched in his mind?

"Sorry? You're sorry Sirius? Do you think this is some sick joke? You know how much i hate my fucking lycanthropy, and you still used it as a 'little prank'?"

Standing at the door was James Potter who, for once, couldn't believe that Sirius had done something like this.

Without hearing his friend's reply, the boy shook his head and walked out of the room.

The only place he could think of going to was the Astronomy tower, the one place where he knew his worries would start to fade away.

"Nyx?" he had asked with desperation.

"I'm here Remus," to which she had replied.

And with zero hesitation, the boy melted into the arms of the girl known as Phoenyx Potter.

"Remus? What's wrong?" she had asked.

The only reply that she got was the tears rolling down her friends face. This wasn't the first time where Remus had let out his emotions in front of the girl, he actually did it quite often.

Instead of pushing him to talk, Phoenyx held him close. At times like these, the girl knew that Remus had only wanted to be comforted, not confronted.

There were often times where the boy would show up to Phoenyx, distress clearly visible on his face. To him, the only person he could truly show his emotions to was Phoenyx Potter.

After a few minutes, Phoenyx spoke again.

"Want me to read you a book Lupin?"

And for the first time in two days, Remus Lupin dozed off into a comforting sleep in the arms of his dear friend.