THIRTEEN

- CHAPTER 13 -

❝Okay chef, where do we start?❞

Okay chef, where do we start?

The Potter Manor, summer break.

THE POTTER MANOR WAS bustling with noise day and night, courtesy of all the kids. To the Potter parents however, it was a blessing, a gift from all the Gods above.

"Sirius! I said sugar, not salt!"

"Well, maybe you should've specified which one was what before telling me to do so!" Sirius replied with an eye roll.

The Marauders had taken up a simple task of surprising the Potter parents, with some chocolate cupcakes. They had asked Regulus to join, but the boy had said he was fine enough watching the show from the sidelines.

Euphemia and Fleamont Potter had gone to get the various things they'd require while camping. Not knowing that once they'd leave, their house would be in absolute chaos.

"Bloody hell wormtail, are you sure that was milk?" James had asked.

"Well, it was white so i assumed it'd be milk," replied Peter with a frown.

Phoenyx looked at the mess and sighed. She was a perfectionist, and knowing that they wouldn't be able to make the cupcakes on time had upset her very very much.

"Tired, are we?" whispered Remus.

The girl's face flushed. He was so close to her that she could feel his breath on her skin as he spoke.

Inhale, exhale.

"I don't think we'll be able to make the cupcakes Rem," Phoenyx said with a frown.

"I've got an idea."

Going towards the boys, Remus whispered something to them softly and immediately after, the boys rushed out of the room with bright grins etched across their faces.

Some slower than the others, James Potter made sure to take Regulus by his hand since he hadn't heard the boy's words.

"What did you tell them?" Phoenyx asked with curiosity.

"Oh, i just told them the quidditch match was on," replied Remus with a grin.

Phoenyx looked over at him with a soft smile. He definitely did not tell them that because at the Potter Manor, there was no tv.

"Okay chef, where do we start?"

Hearing him call her that, the butterflies in the girl's stomach went absolutely crazy. It was the smallest of things that'd make her feelings stronger, even if it was just him sleeping.

For the next hour or so, Phoenyx and Remus worked together. Side by side.

"Oh chef, you've got a little something there," Remus said.

Wiping his finger across her cheek, Remus let out a chuckle. The girl looked at him and raised her eyebrows with confusion.

Phoenyx looked at the mirror and let out a dramatic gasp.

"Remus John Lupin, how could you?" she asked with her mouth gaped open.

Walking up to him, Phoenyx took a little bit of the frosting on her hand and smeared it all over the boys forehead.

Remus looked at her with shocked eyes. This meant war.

"Oh, its on Potter."

Smearing random ingredients across each others skin, the pair was laughing quietly so the rest of the Marauders wouldn't hear them and make it an even bigger mess.

At one point, Phoenyx was leaning against the counter and Remus had stalked up to her with chocolate all over his fingers.

Trapping her between the counter and his arms, Remus looked at her and he couldn't help but stare. In a comfortable silence, the two stood in that position, waiting to see who'd make the first move.

"Phoenyx.." Remus said nervously.

Phoenyx tilted her head and let her eyes roam all over the boys face. His brown eyes, long eyelashes, the scar above his eyebrows and his lips.

His oh so kissable lips.

To Remus, he absolutely hated his scars. They all reminded him of his reality. He was a monster.

To Phoenyx, his scars were what she loved the most about him. The ones on his arms, the ones on his face, the one across his finger and specially, the one located on the side of his neck.

"What are you waiting for Rem?" Phoenyx asked while looking into his eyes.

For a second, Remus was about to do it. He was about to kiss her. But then, all of a sudden, it was as if a switch went off in him and he immediately stepped away.

"I can't Nyx."

Shaking his head at the confused girl, Remus walked out of the kitchen and to his friends. When they saw him walk in with a grim expression, they knew something was wrong.

So, instead of pushing him to talk, they all started playing games instead.

Inside the kitchen, Phoenyx was still in a trance. At first, she had been hurt. But later, she realised that Remus had probably backed out because he thought that he didn't deserve to be the girl's first kiss.

The two had known each other for so long that most of the times, they'd be able to predict what the other was thinking of at certain times.

"Wheres that burning smell coming from?"