SIXTEEN

- CHAPTER 16 -

❝I have so much to tell you guys!❞

I have so much to tell you guys!

King's Cross Station, Sixth year.

IT WAS FINALLY SEPTEMBER FIRST, a date some witches and wizards dread, while the others wait for it in excitement. The day they go back to Hogwarts, their beloved home.

"James, no hexing Slytherins this year, alright?"

The Marauders had been staying at the Potters till it was time to leave and surprisingly, The Potter Manor was still intact.

At first, the two Black siblings were very scared. They were scared that their parents would show up out of every corner around them. However, they soon realised that their parents were absolute cowards.

They couldn't show up to the station because ultimately, it would tarnish the Black family's little pureblood image.

"Regulus, turned into those filthy blood traitors, did you?" came the voice of Lucius Malfoy.

With an angry shove, James looked at the boy and said,

"Piss off Malfoy!"

Regulus looked at James with mysterious eyes. Ever since he had been with the Potters, James had been extremely nice to him. He wasn't used to such treatment and quite surprisingly, he had loved the attention he was receiving from the boy.

Giving an angry glare to James, Lucius walked away and inside the train.

"Do you want to sit with us Reg?" asked Sirius with a concerned look.

Regulus was really scared of facing his so called 'friends'. The Marauders had been there for him throughout it all. However, there was no way they could help him when he was alone with the other Slytherins.

"I'm fine Siri. Besides, I've got better friends than them waiting for me."

Amongst all of them, Regulus had liked Evan Rosier and Pandora Lestrange the most. He knew that if the others would give him a hard time, they'd definitely have his back.

"Mum, can you stop slobbering kisses all over my face? Lily is watching," James said with a frown.

At his words, Phoenyx gave her parents another quick kisses to their cheeks and ran towards her other friends.

"Lily!" she shouted with a bright smile.

The two girls engulfed each other in tight hugs, refusing to let go.

"Hey, let us have our turn too Lils!"

Phoenyx let go of Lily and looked to her right. It was Marlene, Dorcas and Alice waiting for their hugs with their best friend.

Even though Phoenyx had loved the Marauders to the core, some more than others, she still missed her girlfriends when she was at home.

Phoenyx would write to them often and had even offered them to come to the Manor but unfortunately, they all had been busy in their own ways.

Dorcas had her cousins over, Marlene went on a trip with her family, Alice had to stay at home with her parents since they'd insisted and Lily didn't want to stay with James yet. Not while her feelings were developing so fast anyways.

"I have so much to tell you guys!" said Phoenyx with a grin.

Unknown to her, Dorcas smirked and whispered to Marlene,

"Five galleons that they kissed."

Alice looked over at the two with a knowing smile. She was glad that over the holidays, Phoenyx and Remus had finally went over their feelings.

Even if it was just a kiss, it conveyed something much more than that. A promise, a message and overall, a declaration of love.

"Why were the Blacks with you guys?" asked Lily Evans.

"I didn't tell you guys in the letters but, Regulus and Sirius have moved in with us!" Phoenyx replied with a bright smile.

For the Potters, having the two boys live with them was an absolute blessing. It was as if they had finally found their missing pieces of a puzzle.

It felt like all along, the two brothers had belonged to the Potter family instead of with the Blacks.

"So, did you guys kiss or not?"