FIFTEEN

- CHAPTER 15 -

❝Where were you last night?❞

Where were you last night?

The Potter Manor, summer break.

REMUS LOOKED AROUND at his friends with a large grin across his face. After their little moment at the tent, him and Phoenyx had discovered the rest of the Marauders underneath the invisibility cloak, Regulus no where to be seen.

"You look so whipped, I think i'm gonna be sick."

They had wished to spend a few more hours together with themselves, but they were also glad that everything at that very moment.

Remus and Phoenyx had wanted to take things slow. They were both scarred in different ways, and had always been afraid of the feeling called love.

They were both hesitant. Remus thinking to himself, did a monster like him even deserve happiness?

On the other hand, Phoenyx had thought to herself, would she even be able to make Remus happy?

They thought it'd be awkward after that but thankfully, it wasn't and they were back to their usual selves.

James was really happy for Phoenyx. He always told himself that when the time would come, he would make sure to tell the guy his sister liked to take care of her or face the consequences.

However, he was glad that it was Remus that Phoenyx liked so much. Out of all of his friends, he was the one James would trust so much with his sister.

"Cmon pads, don't be like that now. I could say the same about you and Gideon," Remus said with a snort.

"I don't know what you're talking about moony," replied Sirius with a soft smile.

The boys knew that Sirius had liked Gideon since their second year. Although unlike James, he never really talked about it to the boy himself.

From the very beginning, Sirius did not care about things like gender. At first, he was very scared to tell the rest of his friends but he was surprised when they themselves asked Sirius if he had liked the boy.

"Dinner's ready!"

Rushing down to the dining room, Remus was about to take a seat across from Euphemia when Sirius kicked him from behind and forced him to sit next to Phoenyx.

Even though Remus was confident near his best friends, he couldn't help but feel nervous around the girl he likes so much.

No matter how many years would pass, or how many times he'd see Phoenyx, his heart would always beat a little faster while being in her presence.

And for Phoenyx, it was the exact same.

Whenever she was with Remus, she felt as though her senses would always get heightened. She could see the light brown specks in his eyes more clearer, feel his touches more deeper and smell the chocolate on him a lot stronger.

"So Remus, where were you last night?" asked James with a smirk.

To his right, Sirius snorted at the comment and to his left, Peter choked on his food.

In front of James, Regulus looked over with a soft hidden smile.

Phoenyx Potter could feel the boy next to her tense up at his words so, in order to make him feel better, she grabbed his hand in hers and gave it a little squeeze.

It definitely calmed Remus down and, to his favour, she didn't let go off his hand during the entirety of the dinner.

"He was actually with me. We were reading books together in the garden," Phoenyx replied with a shrug.

Euphemia looked at the two and smiled. Sometimes, her kids really forget that she is their mother after all and, as to popular belief, mothers always know when their kids are lying.

"You kids better sleep on time tonight! Diagon Alley trip tomorrow," Fleamont said with his mouth full.

"Oh, Merlin! Do you Potters ever learn?" asked Euphemia with a frown.

The only thing she got in reply was the toothy grins from her 3 Potters, mouths full of food as per usual. This time however, 2 more Potters looked at her with bright and mischievous eyes.

 This time however, 2 more Potters looked at her with bright and mischievous eyes