Stay away (Xiao x reader)

I might even make a ehole book about it... we'll see

You woke up... what happened? You were in Wangshu Inn, but you don't remember going thare.

Last thing ypu could recall was that you were in The Chasm, running away from Sumeru. They wanted to hunt you down for your appritiation for Lesser Lord Kusanali.

You looked around, this place really is how they describe it, atmosphere was warm and welcome. But who brought you here.

*knock**knock*
You turned your head towards the door. You heard deep voice in your head.'Don't worry, they're friends'. It said. You don't know why but you trusted that voice. It wasn't from Lord Kusanali, but you trusted it.

"Y-yes?" You finnaly spoke.

The door opened revealing a woman with long brown hair and a bit shorter guy with golden yellow eyes.

If it weren't for his really cold gaze you would've instantly fall in love with him.

"Are you feeling better dear?" woman spoke getting closer to you. If it weren't for the voice in your head reasuring you, you would've already ran out of room.

"Yeah... but I don't remember what happened."

"You foolish mortal, you were bleeding half dead and trying to pass The Chasm. Everyone knows that's a death wish." boy said coldly still at the door.

"W-what? But...I don't remember being injured by them..." you said mumbling last part. But somehow only that boy managed to hear it.

"Who was chasing you?" He said, still cold in voice.

You looked at him starteled, then voice in your head stepped in and said 'Tell him everything, he's one of Liyue's protectors.'

"I-I was wanted by the Academiya, they practicaly rule everything. T-they started something like a hunt for everyone who celebrates our current archon..." Then you started crying. You remembered Dunyazard and Nilou, you left them behind.

"Don't worry dear... they won't take you here, and you can stay as long as you need, my name is Verr Goldeth."

Woman spoke, her voice was calm, just what you needed.

"I'll trust you can keep a secret? This emo boy behimd me is Xiao, he's one of Adepti, the protectors of Liyue."

You looked at him and he had closed eyes. Head towards the floor.

"Just stay away from me and from more trouble. Last thing I need is to help your sorry ass again."

"Xiao, that's no way to talk to someone who just escaped death! Sorry... he's just like this when he hasn't have food."

"I..i-it's fine..."

"Here, get dressed into something morr comfy, I'll show you around later." Ver Goldethsaid and smiled.
Few days latter

You grew bit more familliar with Liyue and decided to stay here and not run to some other nation.

And voice inside yoir head seemed to like the idea too. Tho you still didn't know what that voice was, but you felt it wasn't dangerous.

One day you just felt like talking to someone, but the voice in your head doesn't really work like that, and Ver Goldeth was buisy, so you decided to try your luck with certain Adeptus.

You made some almont tofu and went on highiest floor and sad there.

When no one showed up you said "Well if you won't come I guess I'll have to eat all this almond tofu by myself. Actually, I'm not reslky hungry so I'll just throw it away."

As you started to turn away someone suddenly sdood behind you. It was Xiao, with, somewhat annoyed look on his face.

"Don't.you.dare.throw.that."

He then snatched almond tofu from your hands and started eating. You just stared at him. He looked kind of cute while eating.

"What do you want." He looked up at you and you noticed bangs under his eyes.

"Did you have enough sleep last night?" you asked.

"Don't be a fool. You disrespect the way of the Adepti, we don't have to sleep."

"Bags under your eyes say different..." you mumble.

"If you want to talk then don't try to make me leave."

So you started to talk about more casualy things. You were extra carefull not to say something wrong.

Time passed by so quickly that you haven't even notice it was so dark.

You soon went to bed but Xiao stayed on balcony. There was a weird feeling in his chest,or two feelings to be exact.

One warm and soft when he tought of you. And other worried,he was Adeptus he yould feel when yomething was wrong. He felt like he saved someone else that night.
Someone stronger and braver than what he saw in you while talking to you now.

But that's probably just his tired brain messing with him again, right?

OMGG I LOVE THIS SO MUCH! I'M DEFFINATELY MAKING A BOOK OUT OF THIS!