Thank you! [Childe x reader] modern AU

Me geting idea of chapter while I was supposed to study physics... you'll probably read this in about 3 weeks but oh well... Or if I change my mind even sooner, but I don't think it will be before 3.1

Time of exams began and I was so exausted. Ever since that kiss Childe was more and more gentle and caring towards me. I didn't mind that much, but I would turn awkward if it was in public.

I didn't want any rumours because I would be teased by girls and probably got something bad from Amy.

Childe said he understood and didn't tell anyone we were a think. I'm really thankful for him.

I started feeling too tired recently. It felt like I was loosing even mlre energy from school than usual.

Exams didn't help either. it even got to the point where I haven't play any games for almost a week and that frustrated me. I didn't have anything tocupy my thoughts exept for Childe who really did help me.

But it wasn't enough. I would try talking to mum and hang out with her, but she was already buidy with work and my younger brothers so I didn't want to worry her more.
--------------------------------------------------
Second week of exams started and I was so tired even Childe noticed.

"Hey, you ok? Want me to go get you something to eat?"

"Nah, I'm fine I'll go next break, but thanks."

Class soon began and thank archons ut was Arts class because she didn't really care if we were listening or not. I wanted to use this zime to try and remember some things for biology because she said she'll do oral examination.

Then I got a massege...

Fatui in modern life<3
What's wrong?

You didn't really think I'm
that dumb...

...

Girlieeeee, Do I really have
pull out that Childe act..?
................................................................
I laughed a little, and decided to tease him a bit more. I kniw this wasn't the nicest thing to do, but I left him on seen.

I returned to my notebook and started reading all tillte sidenotes I made during teachers explanation.

Bell rang and I was frustrated and tired. I just went to next classroom completely forgetting about how hungry I was too.

I started reading again and reviewed everything with another girl who asked me for help.

"Here you go. This is what you asked me for right?" Childes voice suddenly interupted us.

He gave me a slice of pizza like it was completely normal. Amy who was near us noticed and came closer.

"Omg! Did you ask him to get you pizza so you could study what you didn't at home? That's so cute~"

I looked at her, fake smile already forming. "Yeah, he said he's going to get something to eat so I gave him money and asked for some pizza..."

"Ok that's litteraly so cute." She repeated herself.

"Yeah.. anyways, Tara, you asked something?" I turned to girl with who I was reviewing biology and gave Childe a thankfull smile.

He then walked away, leaving me to study.
-------------------------
Biology was fone and both Tara and me were so happy, we both got A and I could finnaly rečax a little.

I was checking my phone when I got to more Childes messages...

Fatui in modern life<3
Wow..  you're really ignoring
me huh?

I think I deserve a kiss after
that pizza that got you A in
biology~

Y/n
Haha

Fine fine

Thank you for that, I'll pay
you back

......................................................................
"Don't you dare pay me back. I did it because something's bothering you and you didn't tell me. Ok?"

Childe said hugging me while walking. I could feel my cheeks red as I tried to get him off. I was still a bit uncomfortable with idea of doing this in public.

"Can you come over, or do you still have something to stress about?"

"I... U'm done for about a week, haha.. let me just tell mom." I replied.

Childe and I went out of bus on hus station and went zo his house. I was big and really nicely decorated house.

"Wow... you're actually as rich as Childe too. Haha" I said with a little laugh.

He chuckeled too and pulled me inside by my hand.

We were sitting on his bed, me in hus lap turned towards him ands around hus neck playing Genshin on my phone with him.

He was nuzzeled on my neck, arms around my torzo playing Genshin with ne on his laptop.

I enjoyed this feeling. It was warm, comfy, and I didn't feel like a burden. Childe would crack a joke here and there that made everything much more funny.

"... Thank you.." I whispered.

"No problem girlie..." He whuspered back. "Tell me whenever you need a break from reality ok? I'll help you with that..."

"Hahah sure."

"Oh and one last thing... wishes from sholting stars do come true. You were lucky you belived long enough..."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"Didn't you wish Childe was real around a year ago?"

I stopped playing andturned to look at him. Shock was written all over me.

"Haha why that strange face? You look much better with smile you know?"

"D-does that mean...you'll dissapear one day..?"

"Nope. Me and my family are stuck here. But they don't mind. And... now that you know.. how hard can I hit that guy you're sitting with? He keeps flirting with you."

Childes gaze became cold, and I would lie if I said I didn't feel butterflies in my stomach.

"Don't worry... you're the only one I'll ever want."
-----------------------------------------

I love this plottwist! What do you think?

Should I continue writing about Childe in Y/ns school? Maybe breaking out to everyone they're dating?