twenty six- shovels

Isadora Rose:
(Greys anatomy season nine spoiler)

I really fucking hate birds. Nothing should be able to walk, swim and fly. It's weird and kind of creepy in my opinion.

On this venture, I have seen about twelve of those little blue ones. They're pretty but pretty is deceptive. One almost shit on me but the dickhead missed. I laughed at it ; it chased me for a few miles.

I thank my intuition since I now recognise the buildings surrounding me. I see the old bar I used to go to when I first moved here. It was the only one with air conditioning and a jukebox.

Frankie lives a few blocks away from my apartment. I was tempted to go back to it ; see the damage and grab my shit. It's not a good idea. I say that as if this whole thing is the best idea I've ever had. Donuts and hot chocolate was the best idea I've ever had.

Once I round the corner, Frankie's apartment building comes into view. A woman stands by the entrance ,beer bottle in hand. I walk up to her side and help her steady.

"Hey ,are you good?" I ask the woman who is obviously drunk out of her mind.

"Yep ,I am fantastic!" She exclaims, spilling some of the drink.

"You shouldn't be out on your own ,especially this late." The woman begins uncontrollably crying, balling in my arms. Well, I can't fucking leave her now.

"What's going on?" I question as the girl's eyeliner leaks down her flushed face.

"My boyfriend dumped me like an hour ago so I called my sister right. She said to come to her place." She informs, pointing above us to the apartments.

"She's taking forever though and I really need to pee." If this bitch pees in the street with me next to her, I will leave. I'll just call it a sign.

"I'm sure she'll be down in a-" A woman yanks the door open and wraps her arms around the crying woman.

I spot an immediate resemblance between the two. The sister and I make eye contact and- holy shit.

"Liz? Is it you?" I question, dipping my head to get a closer look.

"Oh god, Isadora, hey. How are you doing?" She is so hot. I think I'm gonna melt.

"I'm ok, I guess. I'm here to see a friend- he lives here. The friend."
I sound like a fucking clown. I'm truly embarrassing myself.

"Oh cool. I can walk you up- or down. Where does your friend live?"

"He's floor five, apartment G." I inform. Liz's eyes flick from mine to my clothes. I then remember that I look like shit since I've practically been hiking for the past couple of hours.

"Come on in." We all enter the apartment building ,squeezing through the small doors. I always hated those goddamn doors.

The elevator ride up was so awkward. The drunk girl was threatening to vomit as Liz cursed her out in a language I didn't understand. It was like watching a mother and daughter argue in the toys aisle of target.

You could honestly cut the tension in here with a god damn knife. Thankfully, I carry a butter knife with me now.

The elevator stops and dings once I reach Frankie's floor. I wave goodbye to Liz and her sister before the doors shut. I let out a deep sigh of relief and make my way to Frankie's place.

I don't know why I am so nervous. This whole situation has fucked with my head so now I'm scared to simply knock on my friend's door.

"This is bullshit." I whisper to myself before knocking. It's currently two o'clock in the morning ,but knowing Frankie, he'll be wide awake watching Greys Anatomy or something.

I hear the chain being slid to the side and the lock coming undone from the other side of the door. It flies open as Frankie and I come face to face.

His practically launches onto me, making me stumble back into the hallway. I look down and see he's wearing fuzzy pjs. That's a bad sign.

Frankie only wears those pyjamas when something really bad has happened. He wore them for a week straight when he found out Mark Sloan died. It was tragic.

"Where the fuck have you been?" He shouts while pushing me away from him.

"Can we not do this in the hallway, please?" I mutter under my breath. People were bound to start snooping and frankly I don't want anyone I don't know seeing me here. I can't trust any of these bitches.

We walk inside his apartment and the door gets locked behind us.

"Where the fuck have you been?" He repeats, pushing me back again.

"A lot has happened."

"No shit! You didn't show up to work ,so I go to check on you, and what do I find?" I don't even want to know.

"Two police officers and a bunch of big dudes basically guarding the building. Vi, Amaya and I have been calling you nonstop but you never even answered the damn phone." I do feel bad that they were this worried. I never even wanted this to happen in the first place.

"There's a lot that I need to tell you. I need you to be calm Frankie. Can you promise me that?" His face changes and his eyes become more inquisitive.

"Isadora, what happened?"

I told him. Everything. I told him about the box and the kids. I told him about the mafia and how I'm not 'in it'. I told him about Alessandro and Tristan. I left out not a single detail of the ordeal.

When I heard this all for the first time, I was shocked of course. But it came at different times. I just told him about a whole new world and that there's people out there ,who may want me dead, in a matter of minutes.

"This is-" Frankie starts before I interrupt him.

"Insane. I know it is but I don't have a choice and I can't do this alone." The worst part of the conversation was telling him about abuela and my theory. He was devastated since they were so close.
She always saw him as another grandchild so this must be shocking.

"No, listen to yourself. You want to dig up your dead grandma. Do you hear how fucking crazy that shit is?" Maybe this was a bad idea.

"I know it's crazy, but we're crazy. I am a drug addict turned mafia bitch and your a grown ass man who still sleeps with his childhood blankie." I don't think there is anything wrong with the blankie. It's cute and it makes him happy ,but it backs up my point so.

We sit in silence for a little while. Frankie sits there, staring at the blank wall ahead of him. I did tell him to decorate but men never listen.

"You want me to bring my shovel."

Fuck yes.

"You're in?" I say with a hopeful grin on my face.

"Well, I can't exactly let you go to graveyard alone at two in the morning." I leap into his arms, wrapping mine around his neck.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you." I'm glad someone believed me. He's the only person I think would. Frankie may be weird as shit, but so am I.