thirty seven- the moon and stars

Alessandro Marino:

I sit in my office, swigging the bottle of bourbon in my hand. I hang my head back as the fiery liquid burns my throat.

Isadora's friends are still here and they are pissing me off. The loud one keeps laughing at nothing and the other one keeps eating food from my pantry. Don't get me started on the fucker with the stupid hair.

As my thoughts begin to disperse with every drink, my door flies open to reveal a charging Isadora.

"Fancy seeing you here." I announce sarcastically.

"Are you seriously drunk at ten in the morning?"

"I'm not drunk, I'm just not sober."

"You are insufferable." That wasn't very nice of Miss Rose.

"What can I do for you principessa?"
(Princess)

"I want to join."

"Join what exactly? The fucking neighbourhood watch or some shit-" I joke before she interrupts with that pretty little voice of hers.

"The mafia. You said I should and now I am."

"Are you serious?" At that moment, all the alcohol drained from my body and all I could take in was what she was saying to me.

"Deadly."

"This isn't a game Isadora. The mafia is-"

"Real shit, I know. We've have had that conversation already."

"I am getting really sick of you interrupting me, you know that." I hate when people do that.

"You're such a hypocrite." She mutters under her breath. How nature.

"This is a big thing to take on, a mafia I mean."

"I know it is ,but I'm ready." I smell bullshit.

Her eyes flicker up to meet mine and she hold my gaze. I take a few steps closer so now we are only inches apart.

"I can smell your-" she tries to insult me before I kick the back of her leg, causing her to fall beneath me.

"You're not ready."

"That was an ass move. You didn't even warn me." Now she's pissed. Good.

"The enemy won't warn you and they'll be a hell of a lot quicker than I was."

"Ok, so maybe I'm not ready at this moment. But I can be." Quite optimistic.

"It's going to be a lot of work."

"I can do it." She's not going to let this go, is she. We'll see.

"It's going to be painful."

"I can do it."

"All of your time and effort must go into this for it to work."

"I can do it."

"I'm going to be the one training you."

"I can-" Isadora pauses once she realises what I just said. It's safe to say I won that game.

"Why do you have to be the one?"

"Oh sweetheart, you know I'd love to the one for you." She rolls her eyes as she moves back to sit on the leather couch.

"You're not funny."

"I beg to differ." My mama says I'm hilarious.

"On a more serious note, can't Tristan just do it."