fifty six- for her

Alessandro Marino:

I hear fragments of voices around me but nothing really sinks in. Not while the love of my life is laying in-front of me in a hospital bed, fighting for her life.

This is one of those things you hear about in tragedies and shitty romance movies ; the couple get it good and then it all goes wrong.

This wasn't meant to go wrong. We weren't meant to go wrong. I finally found someone who loves me and I love her but now it feels that it is all slipping through my fingers.

A hand comes softly down onto my shoulder and I quickly recognise it to be my sister's. She had rushed back the second she heard about Isadora. I wish I could say she helped me cope, but nothing could help me cope with watching my girl almost die in my arms.

"You need to go."Andrea tells me softly as if she were scared I'd flip a switch or something and go bat shit crazy.

"You know I can't leave her."

"But you have to, Alessandro. You have been sat in the same spot for three days now and frankly, you've seen much better days." She spills bluntly.

"Thank you for that, Andrea." I respond blankly as I feel my sister's hand slip from my shoulder and back down to her side.

"I'm not trying to hurt you anymore than you have been. It pains me to see her like this too so I know-"

"Don't tell me that you know how I feel. You don't know how I feel." It takes everything in me not to start hurling profanities at my sister, who stands next to me with a pitiful look covering her face.

"You can't just stare at her until she wakes up. It'll only make things worse for you and we both know it."

I struggle to find the words to respond as my chest begins to ache. Isadora had been put into a medically induced coma after her injuries became too hard to endure. Hearing her groans in pain made it so god damn hard to sit by her side and tell her how everything was going to be okay, but I did it. For her, I'd do anything.

"How about I take you home? You can have a shower, get some clothes and maybe you could sleep in your own bed for the night instead of that dingy ass chair. You could bring some things back here that you think Isadora will want when she wakes up."

It's obvious that Andrea is pitying me as she exaggerates each and every word of Isadora waking up. Everyone has been doing it, even the doctors and especially my sister.

"She's my home now, Andrea. No matter what happens to me or to her, she always be my home, my person. This woman is the sole reason I live and breathe." The words just spill out as I rise from my chair and start to raise my voice.

"So no, I can't just leave and there is no way you can convince me to."

"I love you, mío dolce fratello. So please just let me help you."

"Andrea-" I go to scold my sister for her pushing and pushing until I hear the door open. I turn to see Tristan burst through the door in the same clothes from that night.

"This is enough. I know this is shit, but it's shit for everyone. My best-friend is dying and you have everyone here helping you. Just fucking take it." He bellows as the bags under his eyes become more prominent.

"Tristan, I-" Andrea moves to comfort him but he quickly dismisses her and comes closer to me.

"Go home and fix your shit so that if  Isadora wakes up, the first sight she sees won't be her ragedy ass boyfriend." He doesn't pity me like Andrea or the others, which I do respect. Tristan never changes no matter the situation and I will always respect him for it.

"Ok." I mutter under my breath before the two usher me out the door.

I catch one last glimpse of Isadora laying so peacefully before the door slams shut behind me. Something about this small action felt so final and that hit me right where it hurt.

Third person narrative:

It had taken an army to usher Alessandro into his sister's car after he was hit by a wave of guilt and regret. He felt guilty about everything: him coming out scrape free while his girlfriend was knocking on death's door and now he was going back to the comfort of his own home as said girlfriend was laying unconscious in a hospital bed.

He had eventually given in and allowed himself in to be taken to a home which no longer felt like one. There was an immediate lack of presence as he walked through the door.

There were people huddling around each corner patching up holes in the wall and replacing smashed windows. In the Marino mansion, if you weren't repairing extortionate damage, you were spending every waking minute scouring for the culprits.

Every sight reminded him of why he had been led back here and this hurt him deeply, but you'd have never known looking at him. He upheld a monotonous expression until the door to his bedroom shielded him from the chaos behind.

All of his pent up anger was released as tables were flipped and glasses were smashed against the walls peppered with gun shot holes. This was the end of the battle as the war dawned over Alessandro Marino.

He said it himself, he'd do anything for his woman and that included destroying anyone who crossed her. Well now someone had crossed her and my god, was he ready for that war.

——————————————————

hey babies,

so I'm just letting y'all know that the next couple chapters may be a little small but I believe if I added any more it wouldn't flow the way I want it to.

anywhooooo

I hope you all enjoy the rest of the story and if you have any requests or questions please feel free to comment them right here ———>