fifty one- the irony of it

Alessandro Marino:

"I love you."

That was not how I wanted this to happen. It just came out and I couldn't stop it from happening.

Isadora bolted up from her position on my chest and scanned over my face almost as if she were checking if I was lying. I'd never lie about this.

"Please say something." I beg her as no words leave those beautiful lips of hers. Oh god I wish she'd say something.

"You love me?"

"Why wouldn't I?"

Before I know it, Isadora's arms fly around my neck to pull me into a warm embrace. I hold her tight against me as if someone were about to rip her from my arms.

"I love you too." She whispers into my ear as she pulls back to look me in the eyes.

My eyes flicks from hers to her lips that have now spread into the sweetest grin. It's the kind you'd find on a child on Christmas morning. It's warm, genuine and oh so contagious.

"Your blushing Mr Marino."

"Only for you Miss Rose." I tell her before pulling her into a kiss, which turned into an impulsive wrestling match.

Isadora covers my eyes with her arm as the other keeps me in a choke hold. She's strong as hell and it's a massive turn on for me.

"Tap out, honey." She whispers into my ear and I soon comply.

We both lean back onto the bed and just start laughing. I have no idea why we're laughing but I can't stop.

Wrapping my arms around the woman I love, I pull her into my chest. As she calms herself, she settles into the crook of my neck.

"I really do love you." She tells me and I feel my heart melt in my chest.

"As do I."

"What does this mean for us? Am I yours now or something?" She jokes from beside me.

"You were always mine, tesoro. Everyone and their mother knows that."

"When were you planning on telling me this information?"

"I thought it was obvious." Wasn't it?

"I'm not a mind reader, Alessandro. Normal people have conversations about this stuff."

"Am I not a normal person?"

"No, no you are not." I have no idea whether that is an insult or not, but I don't think I want to know.

"What do these normal people talk about in these special conversations?"

"One person would say how much they care for the other person and hopefully the other person would feel the same way. Then one of the two would ask the other to be with them, that person would hopefully say yes and then they'd be together forever or maybe one of them meets someone else and the whole plan goes to shit. That's not fun." Holy shit that is so complicated. I shouldn't have even asked.

"So, this is where I ask you to be with me, right?" Isadora nods at me gleefully as a soft blush covers her face.

"Wait one second, stand up for me and pass me my ring back."

"The one you gave me?"

"That's the one."

I push myself up from the bed and wander over to Isadora's side of the bed, which is annoyingly far more organized than mine. She hands over the ring hesitantly and I take it from her before getting down on one knee.