fourty one- sober silence

Isadora Rose:

The past few hours have been spent in my room surrounded by beautiful people. Alessandro's mother arranged for people to doll me up for the ball. I should be feeling like a princess, but I don't.

"You have such beautiful eyes." The makeup artists compliments sweetly.

"Thank you, that's very kind of you to say."

"You really do though, wouldn't you agree Mr Marino." Wait, what?

I turn to spot Alessandro standing in the doorway gazing at me. His stare is powerful and mesmerising to anyone who sees it. It does some shit to me.

"Yes, she does. She is so fucking gorgeous."

"Shouldn't you be getting ready?" I hint for him to leave. He shouldn't even be in here.

"I should be, but I think I'm doing alright over here."

"Alessandro, you have to go." If that's not obvious enough for him then-

"I'll be back later." He states bluntly before leaving us all jaws dropped.

"Wow, he is something, huh." The artist comments surprised at his bold actions and especially his words.

"Isn't he just."

Apparently, the Marino family designer made me a piece. Alessandro's mother insisted on a custom gown for the ball. In her own words, 'anything but would be absolutely inadequate.'

A knock on the door told us the dress had arrived. A man cautiously carries the dress bag in before hanging it up and hustling away.

"Looks like someone was in a rush." Gemma, the makeup artist, giggles to herself.

"He was probably just scared Alessandro would come round the corner with a machete or something." We both laugh simply because we know it's not too far fetched.

"He is an interesting man. Where'd you find a man like that?"

"Oh, Alessandro and I are not together. We're just friends if anything."

After much struggle, my face is all dolled up and I'm wearing my dress. The dress is the kind you'd see in the Hollywood movies.

It is a long dazzling dress dripping in crystals. A slit on the side peaks my thigh subtly. My tattoos make me seem so devilish, but this dress makes me feel so angelic.

"My work is done, I should be going Miss Rose." I thank Gemma for all of her work before she leaves. I liked that girl, she was a sweetheart.

Standing infront of the mirror, I envision Mia next to me in matching attire. She would be criticizing my tattoos like normal, she'd say they'd ruin my wedding dress one day.

Santiago would have his hair all gelled back and would be wearing a navy tuxe like he did at his prom. He looked so handsome and smart, I think I cried that day.

Rico isn't coming to this, there was no way I'd let him. We've hardly told him about this new life so to not push his limits. He's gone through too much for any human let alone a child.

If he were here, I just know that he and Santiago would be matching. He'd beg for it in fact. His brother is his world and he looks up to him so much. They're like two peas in a cute little pod.

We would all be dancing the night away and it'd finish with Rico asleep in my arms. Santiago would be twirling Mia around until she'd be giggling too much to stand up straight.

The simple thought brings up all the feelings I have been bottling up, but I needed it. I needed to be reminded why I am doing all of this, it's all for them, my babies.