thirty nine- the new era

Alessandro Marino:

It has been a week of me training Isadora and she is getting real fucking good. It's safe to say that her upper cut is better than half the guys on my team.

I could spend hours just watching Isadora just be Isadora. She has really come to love the garden, probably more than my sister and I should do.

"She's actually going to do this, huh." Tristan comments from the door. I already invited him in but, he doesn't intend on staying here much longer.

"She is. Isadora Rose is going to be the newest big shot."

"It's insane to me. I watched this girl learn to ride a bike and now I'm going to watch her become a killer." Sometimes I forget how close they are .

"I highly doubt she'll become a killer. She hasn't got in in her, no offence."

"I'm sure someone said that about you once." Tristan speaks too highly of me.

"No, everyone knew who I'd be. It was bound to happen, one way or another."

Tristan has grown to be like a brother to me, the one I always wished for. Him and his shit has become such a big part of my life ; personal and business-wise.

"I'll be back soon. It's by time I go back home to my mama."

"Send my love to her." He nods to me before leaving the room and soon the house.

I watch, from my office, as his car pulls out of the drive and down the bending roads. This has all been too much for him. I can't keep him locked up in a place he doesn't want to be in.

Today is another training day, which means it is now day seven of my getting blue balls. This woman is fucking mesmerising and god, does she know it.

Eventually, I make my way down to the gym to see Isadora already training. She's on the squat rack and must be taking on a good seventy kilos.

I watch on as her knees begin to tremble beneath her after each rep. She is struggling under the weights and I see that.

As she takes each lift, I take another step towards her. Our eyes meet in the mirror ahead and I see her straining.

"Keep going, you can give me three more." I encourage from behind, just where I like to be.

"I can't do it- no."

"Come on baby, give me one more." I mutter as my hands reach out for her hips. Her face turns flushed as finishes her last one.

"Oh dear god." She moans as I pull the weight off of her. Isadora sinks down to the floor and just rests at my feet.

Those heavenly sounds make this torture for me.

"You did really good there ,but don't do that again without someone to spot you." Things could've gone real fucking sour if I hadn't been here.

"I did it though and I'm fine."

"You look like-" I stop myself before I blurt out my devilish thoughts.

"No, tell me. What do I look like to you?"

"You look gorgeous." She hits me on the leg as I realise she is still on the floor.

"Just say it." She demands as I pull her up to meet my gaze.

"You look like you just got fucked, so gorgeous." I whisper to her. Isadora's eyes go wide at my bluntness as her lips part.

"We have work to do, come on, get in the ring."

Sparring, the most crucial part of this whole training process. You need to know how to fight and you have to know it well. It's a basic necessity for those in mafias. Sometimes the gun is too far.