fifty five- never again

Isadora Rose:

Pure adrenaline, that is what consumes me in this moment. I feel the car shake I push the gas pedal further and further into the floor. All I can see right now are these strange spots of red yet I keep my eyes secured on the tail of a particular Pontiac.

The calluses on my hands are beyond belief at this point and it feels as if my body is about to concave, but nothing could steer me of this course, nothing.

"Come on, come on." I mutter to myself as Iris speeds ahead to my annoyance.

Further and further. I just keep pressing into that pedal as my hands stay secured on the wheel. I could've had my leg hanging off or some crazy shit and I wouldn't even bat an eye.

I watch on as Iris makes a sharp turn left, which I almost instantly return. My thoughts are soon cut of by the sound of a sharp, sharp ringing. Without thinking, I press down on the screen and a familiar voice fills the car.

"Where the fuck are you?" I hear Tristan scold from the other end of the line.

"I'm on her tail so don't panic and we're now about to-" we're going up a hill.

"You're about to what? Isa!" He bellows from his chest.

"I hear you! We're going up the hill. Tell Alessandro and he'll know where to go." I hear a commotion over the phone along with a lot of scurrying.

"I don't know why you had to do this alone, Isa. This was reckless and stupid."

"You sound like my mother." That was a flat out lie. She wouldn't give a rat's ass if I were on the top of Mount Everest and she's also dead so she couldn't care even if she wanted to.

"Stop playing with me. This isn't funny anymore."

"I was never laughing."

I hear a car ignition being turned on from Tristan's end of the phone and I catch a note of Alessandro's voice. In a way, it sends a wave of relief through me to hear his voice, especially now.

"We're coming to you now." He tells me shakily and I can now practically feel him shaking against my ear.

"You need to take a deep breath for me, alright. I need to do this for me and we both know you can't stop me."

"I know." I listen to his voice crack, which distracts me from what's ahead.

Before I know it, we're at the top of the hill and Iris breaks directly at edge. I watch her scurry out of the car with a look of victory painted across her face.

My body freezes in my seat as the car on quickens as I approach the edge. It is in a split second that I catch a glimpse of regret in my cousin's eye as my car flies off into the sky.

Third person narrative:

It was all in her plan. Iris', I mean.

She knew that Isadora would follow her as she drove away. She knew that her cousin would be overwhelmed by grief and anger, so much so that she'd lose complete awareness of her surroundings. She knew this was to be the final needle in the coffin.

Iris Rose drove up that hill with murder on her mind yet a hint of hesitation had flushed over her, but that was only temporary. She kept driving nonetheless before putting the car in park and on edge as her unaware cousin approached at great speeds.

She stood there as Isadora's car sped of the edge of the cliff and into the menacing body of water below. Five people had died in those water before, two of which had died at the hands of Alessandro Marino. Iris had done her research. Why not kill her backstabbing cousin in the same water her lover had laid his dead?

As she plummeted into the water, Isadora hadn't screamed or bellowed cries for mercy, but she had prayed and she had called out her lover's name. She called for Alessandro as the car began to submerge. She began to yell with all her might as the water reached her neck.

Slight murmurs could still be heard echoing from the phone that was held to the very roof of the car. Isadora begged her friend to send her love to her siblings as what she saw as death drew eerily closer.

A fleet of black vans arrived the lake as soon as daylight had. The first to take the plunge was Tristan. It took mere seconds for him to throw himself into the water along with Alessandro and Frankie.

The men searched and searched for a particular black vehicle yet it couldn't be found. It was the sight of a glistening diamond floating about that had drew their attention.

It was that gem that lead them to the barely living Isadora Rose. Tristan dragged her body out of that water with all of his might and to on lookers, it was as if he was a man possessed.

A new part of of Tristan Okuro had awoken that day. He almost watch his best friend, his sister, his person die. It was almost as if this was a rebirth for him, he had become someone he didn't recognise. A good, honest hero.

Many voices called out to the pair being helped out of the water. Those surrounding Isadora's body were either scurrying for coats and blankets or shouting at others to call someone.

Alessandro dragged himself out of the water hesitantly as the sight of his partner in peril had shook him far more than expected. He understood what this lake had stood for and now she was mixed in with those tainted truths.

He bad never imagined what it would be like to lose someone he loved. This was new territory for him and he was absolutely terrified.

Soon enough, blue lights filled the scape and people came rushing around with blankets and a stretcher. It was all too much to take in for everybody at the moment.

One moment Isadora was wheezing in her lover's arms and the next she was dragged into the back on an ambulance with that same man gripping onto her hand for dear life.

He whispered hushed apologies into her ear as she placed sweet kisses whenever he was given a chance. The paramedic beside held Alessandro back as his partner released shock after shock into Isadora's chest.

The journey was fuelled by Alessandro's warnings quilted behind his cries. He had never felt this way before and he prayed and prayed that he'd never feel this way again. Never.

——————————————————

Hi queens, I feel like we've not spoken in a hot minute so I thought we'd have a little chat.

How do we feel about this chapter?

I know it's short but there wasn't much else to add for this particular moment. I will try to be for frequent with my writing but please remember that I am only a teenager and I'm still human.

I also know it's a tad dark but who doesn't love it. It's all for plot baby. She not gonna die so don't panic.

We're about 3/4 of the way through this book and it's getting me all kinds of emotional. I've been putting off writing because I know we're only getting closer to the end and that is sad as fuck.

Anyways, I hope you are enjoying the book and if so, I hope you continue loving it as much as I do.