fourty- the avengers

Isadora Rose:

Today will change my entire life as I know it. Today there will be a ball held to announce me as leader to the Rose mafia.

I woke up this morning with a sickening feeling in my stomach and a banging in my head. The guilt flows through me every second of today. The kids should be here.

"Isadora, my darling, don't you look beautiful." Alessandro's mother compliments from the door.

I am about to sign some documents to make this all official, not legal because that would be too funny. It's daunting to be honest. In a single signature, I will be giving my entire life away.

"Don't rush this, take your time. You don't have to do any of this if you don't want to." Alessandro whispers to me so that no one else can hear. It is Alessandro, myself, his mother and his team in the room. Tristan isn't here anymore and apart of me is glad he won't see this.

"No, I want to do this." I remind him before grabbing a pen from his desk.

With the final flick of the wrist, I am officially the Doña of the Rose mafia. Holy shit. Only now is this whole thing beginning to feel so real ; it wasn't just some fever dream after all.

"Congratulations, Miss Rose, are you ready to meet your team?" One of Alessandro's men asks me kindly.

"I have a team? Like the avengers." Not like the men with the furry chests, those cock-suckers aren't even in the picture.

"Yes, I suppose you could call them that." He laughs before resuming a firm stature.

Everyone begins to vacate the room, supposedly to go see my team. Alessandro holds my arm and pulls me away from the door before I can leave.

"Alessandro, I really should go and-"

"I'm really proud of you. Your kids will be too when they hear what you have done for them." My kids.

I try to thank him, I try to pour out my feelings to him, I try to reach out and hold him but no words come out. I just look up at him with tears in my eyes as his hand caresses my cheek.

"They're so lucky to have you." He tells me before leaving me alone.

It takes me a moment to gather my thoughts before I too leave the office. It is almost like this is an end of an era. This is me walking away from the old Isadora Rose and embracing the new her. She is a fucking goddess.

I am met with eight people lined up to greet me. There are two young boys standing first in line with their hands held firmly behind their backs.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Doña. My name is Sergio and this is my brother Arturo." The littlest one introduces confidently. He certainly has some pep to him. The tallest remains silent and merely nods, this must be fucking terrifying for him.

"The pleasure is all mine and please just call me Isadora. Doña makes me feel like an old hag." The boys laugh hesitantly as do a few others.

I gradually move down the line and see an older woman standing tall and proud. She looks like fun.

"Catalina Rose is my name, I am your great aunt." Oh god.

"We're related? How come I have never met you before?"

"My sister, your grandmother, and I had an agreement which entailed us not meeting until this moment." She explains clear and precise. The sneaky bitch, Sofia Rose, strikes again.

"Well, I am very glad to have met you now." She nods in agreement and ushers me further down the line of people.

Three young girls with beautiful ginger locks offer me sweet smiles and quickly pull me into a sweet embrace.