thirty six- family

Alessandro Marino:

We got it. It took fucking hours but we got it. Iris Rose is the one who has the Rose children. Rico saw her and she saw Rico.

I wasn't in the room where this all happened but Tristan walked out of there hand in hand with youngest Rose, both of them with tears in their eyes. This is really hard of him and we all know it.

Isadora came out of the room ,but only to scold Mario for not having his tie straight and then she left for the gardens. It's been quite some time since then.

My mother left the house in quite a huff leaving me with an earful from my father over the phone. How can someone be so small minded with such a fucking huge ass head?

This is a tense time for everyone in the business. Word spread that there is a new heir to the Rose mafia and that she is weakened. Call after call has been taken and quickly shut down.

People are starting rumors, plotting if you will. Sofia Rose grew her mafia to the point of superiority. The person to take over would be the most powerful in this underground world. They'd be a fucking god. Everyone and their mother is fighting for that right, that title.

I would've died for that, to be the top of it all. Now I'd die before seeing it go into the hands of someone other than Isadora Rose.

"I called some people for Isadora." My sister tells me over the phone.

"Have you now?"

"Her friends. Tristan gave me the numbers." I don't like the idea of some random ass people in my home but they're Isadora's people.

"If you think it'll help her."

"They will. Apparently they all have this little group including the one from the graveyard situation." I fucking hate that guy and his stupid hair.

"Just tell them to make it quick."

"I will say no such thing." She scoffs before swiftly hanging up.

Andrea is already driving back to her little house, wherever the hell that is. She lives with a bunch of drunks that our mother hardly approves of. It's quite comical.

I don't care what she's doing as long as she's not getting pregnant or dead on a highway. She's the worst driver I have ever had the experience of being in the same car car with. I was singing my prayers when the door opened back up onto still ground.

What a fucking-

Isadora Rose:

Psycho.

That's what he is. Alessandro Marino is a cock sucking psycho. How can you live with someone and then keep a life altering secret from them?

"I hate him. I actually hate him."

"You don't hate him." I hate Frankie and all of his useless positivity.

"How can you not hate him?"

"I never said I didn't. I dislike him quite deeply but I don't think you could even go as far as being annoyed at him."

"Clearly you have learnt nothing from all these years of friendship." It's not exactly difficult to see when I have a hatred to someone. You can fucking tell that I hate slow walkers and that guy from Glee.

"I'm just saying you don't hate him."

"She doesn't hate who?" I hear Tristan add from nearby. 

"Alessandro ,who I do in-fact hate."

"Mhm sure." Now Tristan too. How many battles can I lose?

"What is with you two? It's like none of you know me anymore."

"Just face the facts: you think he fucked up, which he did, and now you're retaliating by pushing away all of your sexual tension." Wow.

"I second that." Fake ass bitches.

"First of all, I know he fucked up and so do the both of you. Secondly, there is no sexual tension. There was a spark ,now it's just a little dead firefly that he trampled all over."

"Looks like someone resuscitated that bitch." Now it looks like I hate Tristan too.

"You're both going to hell."

"I'm dragging your ass with me." With that I am walking back through the kitchen and back into the house when- oh my god.

The moment I turn that corner, my eyes meet two pairs that I have missed so fucking much. My sisters.

I run over to them and throw my arms round each of their shoulders. Silvia still has the same perfume on that she has always worn throughout the years. That smell reminds me of home and it always will.

"Don't you ever leave us again." Amaya whispers into my ear as she pulls away, placing a sweet kiss on my cheek.

"I'm so sorry. So much happened and-" I don't even realise that I am crying before Silvia brings a sleeve up to my face, wiping away the sorrow.

"Don't apologise. Andrea told me everything."

"You know-"

"No more questions for now sweetie." Amaya softly reminds me as Frankie wraps an arm around me.

I hear another door open telling me the boys are now here. Within seconds, we are all in a warm embrace as we hold on for dear life.

You never realise how much you need your people before they're gone and you're lost. Now they are back and I have found them.

A part of me aches for what isn't present but another feels fulfilled and at peace with this sweet moment.

We are now all sat in my room, huddled on the floor eating whatever chips I found in the pantry. Rico came in not long after when he heard our voices. He loves my friends.

"You're getting so big, little man." Amaya comments poking at Rico's arm making him squeal.

"Isa says I'm going to get really tall, taller than Santi." Rico adds as the room falls uncomfortably silent.

"Well why don't we go grab some more chips." Frankie says to cut the tension, motioning for Tristan and Rico to join which they quickly pick up on.

Now that the boys have left, it is just Silvia, Amaya and I sitting on my bedroom floor.

"So, the mafia huh?" Amaya speaks up.

"Yeah, it's crazy but this seems to be my life now."

"Is it?" Silvia questions, a hint of sadness coating her mellow voice.

"I think so Vi."

"What's going to happen?" A lot.

That should be a question I ask myself. What is going to happen?

From what I have heard, the mafia is a cold and lonely life that isn't for the faint of heart. It would mean giving up your entire life that you once new and starting a fresh. The alternative is unknown yet that is to be feared all the same.

All I know is that I can't just stay seated on the cold floor while my kids are god knows where with someone who wants us all dead.

Iris Rose is going to kill us-

"I am going to rule a mafia."

- but not if I kill her first.