thirty eight- Bloody Mary

Isadora Rose:

This morning I woke up to Alessandro banging on my door, screaming Bloody Mary. He is a fucking mad man.

"You'll never learn in your sleep darling." He mutters as he ushers me into what seems to be an guns room.

"I am not particularly fond of you at this moment Marino."

"Are you ever?" Yes.

I hate to admit the fact that Alessandro and I got so close. I let him hear me and somewhat care. A part of me regrets our time spent together but another aches for him.

Whether it was the devilish look in his eye or the way he cocks a smirk, something about him makes him so desirable to me. I need to be in his presence but I don't want him to be in mine. Shit's confusing.

"I want to jump straight into business since you are so ready, your words not mine." Alessandro teases from next to me. We stand facing a room of weaponry you'd only expect in a war. But this is war.

"Have you ever shot a gun before?" He asks me so nonchalantly.

"I shot a BB gun once but it was by accident." I admit embarrassed and a little shaken from the memory.

"How the hell can you accidentally shoot a gun?"

"I was like nine and I just found it laying around. There was no way I was going to just leave it out so I went to move it and it just shot." Thank god no one was home.

"Did you hurt anyone?"

"No, but my grandmother's ashes got spread for a second time." Alessandro bursts out laughing at my bluntness and I'd be lying if I said I didn't join him.

"You are something else." I've heard that one a few times before.

"You say that a lot."

"Well, how would you like to be discussed?"

"I wouldn't." I whisper ,just loud enough for it to be audible, before leaving to explore the collections.

There are walls full of deadly weapons and you can't help but imagine the possibilities. The few desks that there are are completely quilted by loaded documents and annotations.

"Pick one." Alessandro instructs calmly from beside me.

"What?"

"Pick your gun, I don't have all day." Someone is in a rush.

I reach out infront of me and grab the first one I touch. It is strangely beautiful for something so dangerous.

Soon after I am lead to a shooting range. Six wooden dummies are lined up, each one covered in gaping 'wounds'. It is very intimidating standing here gun in hand.

"Take your time with this ,alright. It's not going to be something that's easy to get used to but, it's necessary." Alessandro tells me as he hands over a pair of earpieces and goggles.

"How do I cock it?" I ask him softly before his hand is placed on top of mine on the gun.

"We want to angle it up like this and just make sure you have a good grip on it." There are so many jokes I would've made by now if his front wasn't pressed to my behind.

"Keep your back straight and your legs," he speaks into my ear as his legs kick mine apart, "they stay open."

"Is this okay?"

"It's perfect ,Miss Rose."

He doesn't rush me to start shooting like a mad woman, this is all going very slow and precise. I know he is as dedicated to succeeding in this as I am ,so this has to work.