Chapter 1- The Professor

Chapter 1

In my care home, it always seemed to be loud. Even eating my breakfast, I could hardly hear myself think.

I took my last bite of cereal, before throwing my bowl and spoon in the sink.

Aidan, the youngest out of all of us, grabbed my hand,

“Come with me to look at my dinosaur collection!”

How exciting.

The doorbell rang. I pulled my hand away from Aidan’s and walked towards the door,

“I’ll get it!”

I opened the front door, and tried to hide my shock. This man looked… different.

He had a long white beard and was wearing purple robes. Not what people wore anymore. He smiled,

“Ava Potter?”

I nodded nervously,

“How do you know my name?”

“You look just like your mother. May I come in?”

I gulped,

“You knew my mother? And sorry… why are you here?”

He nodded,

“Yes, I did. She was a lovely woman. Your father was very kind as well. I’m here to discuss a school transfer for you.”

I groaned. It was the first day of the summer holidays and already this man wanted to talk about school?

I gestured for him to come in,

“I’ll take you to Susan’s office. SUSAN! A man’s here to discuss school transfer for me!”

Susan was the head care worker of this place. She always tried to get rid of me, seeing as I’d been here on and off for fifteen years.

We sat down in the office, and Susan rushed in,

“Professor Dumbledore! Welcome!”

I coughed. Professor Dumbledore was an unusual name.

He smiled,

“Yes. Hello. Would it be okay if I spoke to Ava privately for a little bit? Only, I have a couple of things to tell her.”

Susan nodded,

“Yes! Right away! Call me as soon as you need me! I’ll be in the kitchen.”