Chapter 24- The Whisper

Chapter 24

I got up and ran past all of the Slytherins onto the pitch. I could hear Eleanor shouting at me to get back, but I ignored her.

In the middle of the pitch, Harry, Fred and George seemed to be arguing with Draco. I sprinted over as quickly as I could. I got there just in time to grab onto Fred and pull him away from Malfoy. I could tell he was angry- my grip was getting loose very quickly.

My grip around Fred tightened,

“Don’t listen to what he’s saying. He’s just trying to provoke you.”

Fred shouted,

“Well he’s doing a bloody good job of it!”

Harry was trying his hardest to hold George. I glanced over at Draco,

“Why did you have to do all of this? Can’t you just play a normal game of Quidditch without being rude?”

He sniggered,

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, Potter. You’re wearing a badge after all.”

I glanced down and noticed the crown shaped badge just underneath my scarf. I gasped, remembering Zach placing his hand there. I had thought he was just being kind, but it was all a trick.

I ripped the badge off my jumper and threw it at Draco’s face. He groaned,

“What was that for?”

He didn’t wait for an answer. He turned back to Harry and smirked,

“Or perhaps you can remember what your mother’s house stank like, Potter, and Weasley’s pigsty reminds you of it-”

My grip around Fred’s torso loosened. Everything seemed to happen in slow motion.

Harry let go of George, and both ran towards Draco. My heart pounded in my chest as Harry punched Malfoy in the stomach.

I clenched my fists angrily. Draco couldn’t just talk about our mother like that.

I began to shout, running towards the Slytherin, but Fred grabbed onto my arm. Now he was holding me back.
I screamed at Malfoy as hot, angry tears started to roll down my cheeks. Fred wrapped his arms around me tightly. I squirmed, desperately trying to break free.

Madam Hooch shouted,

“What do you think you’re doing?”

The fighting stopped. I stopped wriggling and relaxed in Fred’s arms, defeated. I watched in silence as George and Harry were sent to Professor McGonagall’s office.