Chapter 2- My Brother

Chapter 2

Professor Dumbledore offered me his arm,

“Hold on very tightly Ava. Don’t let go.”

I clung onto him. All of a sudden, a wave of dizziness and nausea hit me. My knees buckled, and I fell to the floor.

I gasped,

“What was that?”

Dumbledore smiled,

“We Apparated. It’s the easiest way to get around.”

I stood up, brushing my jeans off,

“That made me feel sick.”

A road sign next to me caught my eye. It read ‘Privet Drive’.

I frowned,

“Is this where my godfather lives?”

He shook his head,

“No, Ava, this is where your brother lives.”

I gasped. Professor Dumbledore was taking me to meet my brother.

The Professor smiled,

“Come along. He lives at number four.”

We walked along for a little bit until we got to the right house.

It looked quite small, but a nice place to live.

Underneath the windows at the front of the house, a boy was lying down in the flower bed.

Dumbledore cleared his throat,

“Hello Harry.”

The boy gasped when he saw us, and stood up immediately. He had short, scruffy black hair, round glasses over his green eyes, and I could see what looked like a scar on his forehead.

He sighed,

“Professor! What are you doing here? Who’s this?”

I blushed slightly.

Dumbledore took a step towards him,

“Harry, there’s something I’ve never told you. I didn’t want to get your hopes up in case we couldn’t find her. I’d like to introduce you to Ava, your sister.”

Harry looked at me, and gasped. He studied my features carefully, his face a mask of complete shock.

I smiled shyly,

“Hi.”

He looked from Dumbledore to me, slightly confused.

I was suddenly taken by surprise when he hugged me tightly. He whispered,

“You look just like our mum.”

I wrapped my arms around him, without saying a word. I could feel tears rolling down my cheeks. I sighed,

“For the past sixteen years of my life, I thought I had no one. Now I’ve got you.”

We finally pulled apart, and I looked around for Dumbledore. He’d obviously taken a stroll to give us some privacy.

I sat down on the grass, and Harry did the same. I laughed,

“You know what makes this really weird? The fact that I’m not too shocked to find out I’m a witch.”

“I found out when I was eleven. It was a bit of a shock then. It will be my fifth year at Hogwarts after the summer. I’ve got used to it now.”

I shrugged,

“I guess I’ll get used to all of it as well. It’s all so strange.”

He nodded, and we sat in silence for a bit. I tugged at the grass,