Epilogue

A/N-

Wow! This is the last chapter of In His Shadow! I can't believe I've finished it! I can guarantee there will be another one, don't worry!

Thank you to everyone who has carried on reading to the end! :)

I hope you enjoy the final chapter, and I'll post a link to the sequel in the comments or in another update.

Epilogue

 A couple of young Hogwarts students ran past me giggling and waving their new robes about. I glanced up at their mother. She had dark circles underneath her eyes and looked very pale. I knew exactly why. The trouble the Death Eaters were causing had been taking its toll on everyone since the start of the summer holidays.

I pulled the hood on my cloak up, hoping not to be seen. Generally, I wasn’t a face to recognise. I still worried however that people would remember me as being Harry Potter’s sister. The sound of his name in my head made me flinch.

I stopped glancing around at the people nearby and finally looked up at what I’d come out to see.

Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes looked so bright compared to the dull, grey street around it. It was certainly hard to miss if you were walking past.

I took a step closer to it, wanting to admire their work, when I suddenly noticed my brother standing just by the shop windows. I staggered back into the crowds, ignoring the grumbled protests from the surrounding people.

Harry was with Ron, Hermione, Ginny and Mr. and Mrs Weasley. They all looked completely in awe of the shop, just like everybody else.

Harry and Ron made their way into the shop, and everyone else followed quickly. I stepped back towards the shop windows and tried to discreetly look in. I hadn’t seen Ron, Hermione, Ginny and Harry since the day Professor Umbridge had caught them in her office.

I watched Hermione as she read something on the back of a box out loud to Harry.

The moment Fred appeared behind the, my heart stopped and I put my hand on the glass of the window.

He had a cheeky grin on his face which reminded me of the way he used to smile at me. I blinked tears away before looking at him again. His magenta suit was just so Fred, and I was suddenly smiling as well as crying.

He patted Harry’s arm and led him away to another part of the shop, out of sight.

I pressed my forehead against the cool glass of the window and let the tears slide down my cheeks. I knew that I should have just walked in and said hello. I’d been thinking about that idea all summer. It was just so hard.

I took a deep breath and, without wiping away my tears, walked away from Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes and everyone I cared about.