Chapter 44- Getting Caught

A/N-

Hello! I hope everyone is settling back into school! :)

I wanted to ask if any of you have read a book series called Uglies? I'd quite like to write a fan fiction about it because I really enjoyed the series, but I wanted to know if anyone would actually read it or not.

Please let me know if you've read it!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter! :)

Chapter 44

“To produce a Patronus Charm, you have to think of something really happy. The happiest memory you have.”

I glanced up at Harry and nodded,

“I can try.”

We were at another DA meeting, and I was finding this one particularly fascinating. The room was filled with Patronus Charms, and they looked so beautiful.

I tried to think of something happy. Meeting Harry for the first time was a happy memory. I shut my eyes and thought about it as much as I could,

Expecto Patronum!”

All that came out of the end of my wand was a silvery wisp. Fred grinned,

“Obviously you’re not thinking of me. Seeing my face should be your happiest memory.”

I laughed, and tried again, still with the same memory. It didn’t work.

I was surprised. Surely seeing my brother for the first time should have been my happiest memory.

I closed my eyes, and thought about more memories. Fred kissing me for the first time. Spending time with Harry over the summer. Putting the Christmas decorations up with Sirius. The first DA meeting. A picnic in the park with my parents, Harry and Sirius. Going in the snow with Remus. Fred giving me my charm bracelet.

I took a deep breath,

Expecto Patronum!”

I gasped as a beautiful, silvery phoenix burst from the tip of my wand. It flew around the room, right over everyone’s heads. A couple of people clapped, and I smiled, my cheeks growing warm.

I looked over at Fred and pushed my hair out of my face. I was shocked that it had actually worked. I had lots of happy memories, but I was sure I had plenty more sad ones.

Fred looked proud, but when he noticed my hand running through my hair, he looked away.

When he’d first seen the writing on my hand, he’d been so angry at Professor Umbridge. He couldn’t bear to think of the fact that she’d practically tortured me.

I just had to keep telling him I was fine.