Chapter 20- Hogsmeade

Chapter 20

The weeks at Hogwarts began to pass more quickly. The homework wasn’t as hard, and Potions seemed to make more sense now.

I generally tried to ignore Draco, Zach and Eleanor when I could. They were really getting on my nerves.

Harry’s hand seemed to get worse. I wasn’t sure why Umbridge was being so cruel to him. She certainly had no right to be the High Inquisitor.

Sitting in the library with Fred and George had certainly become a habit. We weren’t sure if we could find anywhere else to talk in private. As far as the Slytherins were concerned, I was going into the library to read up on brewing potions.

“So, newbie…”

I looked up at Fred and nodded,

“What’s up, Freddo?”

He smiled,

“It’s the trip to Hogsmeade tomorrow.”

I raised an eyebrow,

“Indeed it is, my friend. Have you got anything planned?”

He grinned,

“Well, if you’re not doing anything with your Slytherin buddies, perhaps you’d like to come with me?”

I laughed,

“Of course I’d like to come! If I had to spend any more time with my house, I think I would scream.”

“You still have a lot to learn, newbie, so I reckoned I should take you. That way, if you have any questions about shops or anything…”

I hit his arm,

“Fred! I know a lot more now than I did when you first met me. I have a lot more general knowledge.”

Hermione popped up from behind the bookshelf,

“You don’t quite have all of the general knowledge yet, Ava.”

I sighed,

“That’s because I don’t read quite as many books as you.”

She nodded,

“Yes, very true. Fred, don’t forget to bring Ava tomorrow.”

Fred grinned,

“How could I forget? Anyway, if I did, I’m pretty sure George would remind me.”

Hermione waved goodbye and walked out of the library.

I turned to Fred,

“What were you two just talking about?”

He winked,

“Something important. You’ll find out about it tomorrow.”

I frowned,

“Why can’t you tell me now, Freddo?”

He just raised his eyebrows,

“So shall we walk to Hogsmeade together?”

*                    *                    *

I stared at myself in the mirror and adjusted my hair. Why did I feel so nervous? Fred and I were just friends. In fact, he was probably my best friend.

Then again, we had kissed a couple of times. Had Fred asked me to Hogsmeade as a friend? Or was this meant to be a date?

Frustrated, I pulled my red hair out of the ponytail, and decided to leave it down. I studied my outfit, trying to decide how it looked. I was wearing jeans and a blue jumper. Did it look okay? Was I thinking too much about this?