Chapter 17- The Astronomy Tower

Chapter 17

I ran through the classroom doors and sat down at my desk as quickly as I could. Professor Snape made a tutting noise,

“You’re late, Miss Potter.”

I gulped,

“Sorry. I had to speak with Professor Umbridge.”

He raised an eyebrow,

“I do hope you weren’t misbehaving in her lesson.”

I shook my head silently, and he turned to the blackboard.

Fred nudged me,

“What did she want to talk to you about?”

I sighed,

“She wanted to know how often I talk to Harry and what our conversations are about. She reckons he’s been feeding lies into my brain.”

We both chuckled quietly. Fred smiled,

“By the way, Harry wants to talk to you. He said to meet you in the Astronomy Tower.”

I nodded,

“Thanks, Freddo. Now, do you know how to make this potion?”

“I might have a small idea. What about you?”

I shook my head,

“Not a clue.”

We got to work, trying our hardest to brew the potions. Fred’s resembled the one at the front of the classroom, but mine was bubbling rapidly, looking ready to explode.

Professor Snape cleared his throat,

“Miss Potter, it appears that brewing potions isn’t your strongest talent.”

My cheeks flushed,

“Professor, I haven’t been at Hogwarts for more than a week. I’m struggling quite a lot.”

He nodded,

“I can see that. Perhaps extra Potions classes would be perfect for you. I suggest coming to my office this evening. If you don’t want to fail this year, do come along.”

As soon as he was out of earshot, I groaned,

“Fred! Why does it have to be me?”

He smiled,

“Good old Snape is just helping you to achieve your full potential. I admire him for that.”