Chapter 18- Padfoot

Chapter 18

“That’s when I told the mudblood her place. She started crying and it wasn’t pretty.”

Zach and Eleanor laughed at the end of Draco’s story. I pulled a face,

“Who was that?”

I hoped it wasn’t Hermione. Draco smiled slyly,

“Oh don’t worry, not your brother’s precious mudblood friend. No, this was a Ravenclaw girl.”

I frowned,

“That’s horrible!”

I had been sitting with Draco, Zach and Eleanor for about an hour. My Potions essay was finished. I desperately wanted to go to bed, but they wouldn’t let me.

Eleanor tossed her long blonde hair over to shoulder,

“Ava, it’s not horrible. What’s horrible is seeing you go all gooey eyed over the weasel boy.”

I gulped,

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

She leant forward,

“I know you do. You look up to Fred Weasley with a little twinkle in your eye. It makes me want to vomit.”

I blushed. Zach started to snigger,

“Fred doesn’t even like you. Everyone knows the weasels have no money. It’s pretty obvious you’ve got plenty of galleons locked up at Gringotts. Fred’s just with you for the money.”

My eyes narrowed,

“How dare you?”

Draco put his hand on my shoulder, but I shook it off. He sighed,

“Ava, accept it. Perhaps if you finally accept that he doesn’t like you, you can start to become a real Slytherin.”

My cheeks flushed red,

“Shut up Draco! You never speak to Fred. How would you know?”
He smiled slyly,

“I just know these things, Potter. I know a lot more than that mudblood, Granger. I know a lot more than your brother. Us purebloods, we know plenty of things.”

Eleanor giggled,

“You don’t know much. In fact, you must be pretty stupid if you think Fred actually likes you.”

As tough as I wanted to be, I could feel my eyes filling up with tears. I gulped,