Chapter 35- Sour Slytherin

Chapter 35

I walked into the Slytherin common room, dragging my trunk behind me. I expected Draco to immediately pick on me as soon as I walked in. He was probably going to shout something rude at me or embarrass me in front of everyone. Not that I cared what stupid Slytherins thought about me.

However, when I walked in, only a few students looked up. Draco was having a conversation with Crabbe and Goyle and didn’t even glance at me.

I took my opportunity and walked quickly to my dormitory, my head down. Luckily, no one else was in the dormitory, so I began to unpack my things from my trunk.  

I heard a chirping noise from the window, and Snowstorm flew in. Sirius had promised to send her over, and it appeared he had sent me a note too. I opened it quickly.

Dear Ava,

Have a good term! Don’t forget to write to me. I like to know what’s going on!

Padfoot

I smiled to myself and tucked it under my pillow. Snowstorm chirped again so I rummaged through my trunk and found some pellets to feed her. She wolfed them down pretty quickly before looking at me expectantly. I laughed and shook my head. She would be able to get some other food later.

“Ava?”

I spun around and saw Eleanor standing at the door. She walked towards me,

“Are you alright?”

I nodded,

“Of course. Why wouldn’t I be?”

She frowned,

“Well you did randomly disappear without a trace during December, but I’m sure that was absolutely nothing to worry about.”

I ignored her sarcasm,

“Does it matter?”

She sat down on her bed,

“We didn’t have a clue where you’d gone, or why you’d left.”

I sighed,

“There were some… family issues.”
“You could have left a note.”

I looked up at her,

“Eleanor, when have you ever actually cared about me?”