05

A THICK sheet of raindrops pelted against the car window. The sky cracked up a bolt of lightning, flashing like a strobe followed by a deafening growl of thunder. There was an absolute silence sat inside the car, hence, I decided to just look outside, watching the raindrops whip against the window. Due to the cold weather, the car's window clouded so I hovered up my finger and draw a person-like figure with a grumpy expression.

I smiled at it because it was Garrett. The grumpy man was silently driving his car beside me. It was really ironic to think that we ended up like this. He hated me because of what I did to my sister; I didn't like him because he was just nothing. I thought of him as a lovesick puppy before and I somehow hated him because of his devotion and loyalty to my sister.

"How do you feel about the pregnancy?" Garrett asked, his eyes still on the road.

"I still have morning sickness. But it's alright. I can manage. Medyo naano ako sa tomato sauce actually."

He nodded, his jaw clenching.

Wala na namang nagsalita sa aming dalawa. I looked outside the window as it misted due to the heavy raindrops. I watched as a bead of water streamed down, marking a way down to its ending. I smiled as I tried to write a letter 'A' with the misting window. I was supposed to write Allister but I stopped when I realized that Garrett was beside me.

If the baby were a boy, I would name him after his father. Allister. That name will be good for him. But if it were a girl, I would name her Allianna. Whether it was a boy or a girl, I would love them with all my heart.

Would Garrett like to name the baby after his name? I knew that he still had a qualm about the pregnancy whether it was his child or not and I understood him. He had a prejudice against me being a sexual woman who bedded men for pleasure. I understood but it still somehow hurt a bit. I did not know why I was hurt. Ano naman kung hindi siya maniwala? I can raise the child without his support. I can do it alone. But I wanted him to know; to give him a chance to decide whether or not he wanted to be part of our child's life.

I was pulled out of my trance when I heard him scoff. I glimpsed at him and I saw the dark shadow veiling the upper part of his face. The tic at the side of his face made me shiver. How can a man be this dangerously perfect? I was not into good guys. I always found them boring and plain. But looking at Garrett right now, I felt the heat percolating my middle, igniting a fire in the apex of my nerves. He looked dangerous yet quiet. There was no softness nor gentleness in his features. I knew he was a beast in bed.

Now, I was thinking what the reason why my sister denied him many times. He was handsome, tall, with strong features, high IQ, empathetic, and an athlete, and he was head over heels in love with her. All the students in DMMMSU knew how badly smitten he was with Lia. He was a dog that begged a little affection from my sister. He was patient with her. He showed nothing but love and persistence. But his love was not enough for my sister.

He was a catch. There were lots of girls wanting his attention but never did he pay them any because his attention was solely pointed to Cornelia.

"What?" I asked when I saw him struggle.

"M-may balita ba tungkol kay Lia?" His voice turned soft upon mentioning the name of my sister.

Something in my stomach twisted. I hated the way he spoke my sister's name. As if he was still the man so obsessed with her.

"Wala pa," my voice clipped.

He scoffed, and I saw how his jaw clenched. I was worried about my sister. I wanted her back but something in me, something greedy and evil, wished Lia to stay where she was. If she was safe there, I wished she would stay there in the meantime while I dealt with Garrett.