09

The cold I felt before I saw him was consumed by the familiar heat gushing from the apex of what was between my thighs. Heat elicited goosebumps to pebble over my skin as I chewed the bottom of my lips.

Questions started to run through my head like: why was he here? What was he doing here? I thought he didn't do parties. And the way he looked at me to Bellamy, was he thinking that I was still into Bellamy and I was trying to get my way with him? That I was betraying Lia? That wasn't true at all I wanted to clear that up with him.

But why would I do that? I cannot tell that I was right. What if I was just assuming things? But he had a history of Bellamy and it was so obvious they still had beef for each other.

Napatingin ako sa gawi nila at nakita kong wala silang mahanap na table. He was with his friends and my eyes accidentally drifted to the woman attached to his side. She was one of his friends but I was sure as hell she was up for something from Garrett.

One of his friends pointed to the vacant table next to us. I swallowed the bile rising in my throat as I watched them make a beeline to where they will be sitting. My eyes settled on Garrett and I saw his eyes locked in mine. His jaw ticked and his eyes hooded with absolute irritation. I shot up my brow at him. I was trying to act cool from the lethal stare he was casting on my part but beneath the cool facade, was a trembling intimidated woman I always was when it came to him.

"Oh, Garrett!" John greeted, walking from the crowd to greet Garrett.

He nodded at John, "I hope you don't mind us sitting next to your table?"

"No, not at all," John smiled and hollered over Adam, "Adam, get me my Smirnoff, dude."

Garrett shook his head as his eyes settled on me. His eyes were judgmental. I swallowed hard.

Umiwas nalang ako ng tingin mula sa kaniya at tinignan ang nasa harap. I saw Bellamy looking at Garrett with cold eyes. It seemed like they hadn't settled their issue before Lia went missing.

I was startled when someone put a drink in front of me. I looked at Sofia who was sheepishly smiling at me, "I am not used to "milkshake-only" Lilith. Girl, get your gear up, we need to party all night!"

Kumalabog nang malakas ang aking puso. My eyes drifted to Garrett and when I saw him looking at me, I softly shoved the drink away from me. I looked at Adam who was still ordering my milkshake. Damn, Sofia.

Nung dumating na sina Adam at naupo muna ang lahat. Nakita ko rin na dumating na ang order nila Garrett and tinaasan ko siya ng kilay nung nakita kong alak ang nasa harap niya. He had low alcohol tolerance— he said that stark clear so why the fuck he was drinking now? When his eyes settled on me, he shrugged me off and took a sip of his drink.

Let us see how long would you last, good boy.

I took a sip of my milkshake and my eyes snatching a sideway glance at Garrett. He was animatedly talking to his friends. He was unconsciously sipping on his drink and I noticed the light tint of rubies on his cheeks. Damn, with fair skin like him, he would easily get red.

"Nasabi na ba ng papa mo sa 'yo, Lilith?" My eyes coasted over at Bellamy who was looking at his phone before settling his eyes on me. This was the first time he talked to me calmly.

"What is it? They were out of town, I haven't heard anything from him since yesterday,"

He nodded, "Someone saw Maripusa in San Fernando,"

Maripusa. The woman Lia was with before she went missing. She was a friend of tita Sarah— the mother of Lia. She fetched Lia from the party before the incident happened. There was a huge chance that she was with Lia until now.