32

GARRETT STAYED with me the whole day. After what he just told me, we never talked about it again. His words warmed my heart, they unfurled the emotions I kept at bay for some days now. I thought I could keep those emotions in the depth of my soul until I was ready to open for him. But after hearing his words, something had weakened the barrier I built for myself.  

I just hoped that Garrett won't take that advantage to entirely wreak havoc in my heart. I built those walls for a reason— to protect the fire that was left in me. If he ever slithered his way in to quench it, leave me with nothing but lifeless ashes, it would be the end of me, and I did not know how I could resurrect from ashes if that happened.

Garrett prepared a snack for both of us. We sat on the balcony, watching the sun kiss the horizon. The amber light dimmed as the sun partook at the end of the day. The horizon bled from purple into absolute darkness. I sighed softly when I felt the cold evening breeze crawling through my skin.

Napansin iyon ni Garrett kaya napatingin siya sa akin. I looked at him as well. My lips slightly parted as I drank in his entire profile. With a faint glow coming from the fluorescent light behind him, he looked ethereal. Soft hair dancing with the rhythmic sway of the wind, sharp and sculpted features, and an expression that always brought my heart into semi-cardiac arrest.

"You cold?" He whispered, his voice was delicate with slight roughness in it.

"I'm fine,"

He smiled warmly. My heartbeat skyrocketed, "Do you do this often? Watching the sunset here on the balcony . . ."

"Ngayon lang," I never had time doing this since I got here because I spent most of my time sulking in my room, "Now, I regret not doing it. It's so beautiful watching the sunset here. I commend Lola's assessment in picking up a place,"

"It's beautiful, indeed," Garret whispered. Nakatingin lang ako sa sa kung saan nawala ang araw. Ang lakas pa rin nang kabog ng aking dibdib. It felt like my heart was ready to rip off my chest.

My breathing hitched when I felt his rough fingers trailed along my cheek, "Look at me," he whispered gravelly, "Look at me, Lilith . . ."

Napatingin ako sa kaniya. Halos kapusin ako sa hininga habang nakatitig lang sa kaniya. I loved this man; I loved him so much it hurt. All I wanted was to give into the call of my heart, to be vulnerable in front of him. But there was a part of me that was still afraid to try.

"I will wait until you're ready," he whispered, his thumb grazing along the bottom of my lips, "But I need a taste. Please let me kiss you, my little fire,"

Hindi ako nakapagsalita. He captured my lips with his. His hand latched onto the back of my neck, deepening the torturous kiss we were sharing. A soft grunt rumbled out of his chest as he swiped his tongue along the space between my lips. When I opened my mouth, his tongue slipped in with a fervid desire sparking through my veins.

Tears escaped from my eyes as I let the tide of desire take over me for the last time. I wanted this. I badly needed this. I pushed him by his chest to break the kiss. I needed to make our position more comfortable for both of us. His eyes were heavy-lidded as he tried to capture my lips one more time. I giggled as I eluded his swelling lips.

He groaned, a little impatient about what I did. I shook my head. I rose to my feet and walked in front of him. I straddled his hips as I twined my hands around his neck. Dark desire passed through his drunk features. He licked his lower lip one last time before he claimed my lips once more. A moan slipped out of my lips when he nipped the bottom of my lips.

"You're so perfect for me, my little fire . . ."

"G-Garrett . . ." I moaned as I ground against the bulge poking between my thighs. His thick and heavy cock was rubbing against my sensitive part.