39

THE AFTERNOON sun rolled down to the horizon, casting tremendous amber rays that brightened the darkening sky. The lively daylight had turned from purple to dark purple and now, the sky had bled into a different shade of black. The frigid wind howled together with the beeps and screeches of the vehicles below.

This felt surreal.

Garrett and I were sitting next to each other while we watched the sun get swallowed by the huge skyscrapers before us. He was holding my hand, playing with my fingers while we let the wind crawl through our skin. I leaned closer to him and rested my head on his shoulder. He freed my hand and it immediately snaked around my shoulder, pressing me closer to him.

I looked at him with an avid fascination. The amber glow of the sun cascaded on his face, accentuating every curve and angle of his facial features. Garrett would always be the only man who could take my breath away every time I looked at him. He was so beautiful it felt illegal to be him. Looking at him, with me, it felt like this was the gift from Heavens I had long since wished for.

Did I deserve him? Did I deserve his love? No, I didn't think I did. However, he chose to be with me. He chose to love me. He chose to see past my darkness and stayed with me still.

We might have started this in the wrong way. We might have started disliking each other. We might have started loving other people. We might have spoken to each other with vile words and painful tirades. The important thing was now, Garrett by my side, looking at me as if I was the woman he had ever dreamed of.

My chest was painfully beating. My head was light and my eyes were turning droopy. This felt like I'd been vested in the paradise that everyone prayed for themselves.

"What do you want to name the baby?" He asked softly. I saw the slight tilt of his head to look at me.

I smiled warmly, "If it's a boy, I want to name him after your name. Allister. But if it's a girl, I want to name her Allianna,"

"Allianna?" He asked, lips tilting to the side, "Sounds beautiful,"

"Just like her father," I whispered and snuggled close to him. He chuckled and I felt the soft press of his lips against my head.

"You mean just like her mother?"

I couldn't help the smile that curled at the side of my lips. My chest was painfully beating as if it was about to explode.

"I am so happy," I whispered, my voice was groggy and low.

"With you, I'm the happiest, my little fire,"

I slapped his chest playfully, "You said you are not good with words!"

"I am not," he chuckled, "I was not vested with the power to make poetic words like Mahmoud Darwish. I am just a simple man with simple words to express my feelings for my love,"

I chuckled and hid my face against his chest, "You're corny, my god!"

"But you like it, don't you?" He tipped my chin up to look at him, "You love me loving you this crazy, don't you?"

"I love all the versions of you as well, Allister,"

He smirked and crouched to capture my lips into his, "You are bound to be with me, Lilith. You belong to me and there's no in-between. Now, stand up and let's dance,"

"What?!" I hissed, my eyes widened.

He shrugged nonchalantly, "What can I say? I'm a romantic guy. So, come on, baby, stand up, and let's dance."

"You're ridiculous,"

He chuckled, "Come on, I want to dance with you. I want to be romantic before I fuck your ass later tonight,"