40

hi everyone! honestly, i'm speechless at what this story achieved while i'm writing this. at first, i thought it would be the same as the others— increases read over time after i finished writing it— but then, the support & number of reads skyrocketed! it reached 100k reads before i finished writing this book & i'm in total awe. huge thanks to @writtenrecos on tiktok that posted some excerpts from this story and it gained a lot of attention! i couldn't express my overwhelming gratitude but thank you so much!

to @loverscia, thank you so much for your support from the start till the end. <3

at first, i didn't intend to write a story for garrett & lilith. it was just an idea that passed through my head after i finished #wef1. i was just like "a closure story for garrett & lilith would be amazing" but i never really had enough amount of interest to come into action. i thought, it was fine to leave their ending in #wef1. i started it months after i finished #wef2 but it wasn't my priority before. i thought i'd finish #wef3 first before i start writing this story but #wef3 seems like a lot to write for me right now. so, i decided to focus my attention on lilith & garrett since they have the voice i can slightly handle right now. supposedly, this story should only have 20 chapters, a short story to just have closure to what happened to lilith & garrett but i was enjoying writing them so, yeah, here we are right now.

anw, i'm now blabbering nonsense. again, thank you for all your support and patience. i hope you enjoy this final chapter of this stand-alone story. epilogue will have two parts— lilith's pov will be the part one & garrett's will be the two.

THANK YOU SO FCKING MUCH!

💠💠💠

THE SOFT chirps of the birds and the sound of shuffling leaves of the tree sent a sense of peacefulness into my veins. The fresh gust of wind slithered through the hollow of my cheeks down to my collarbone, eliciting a groan from my parted lips. I pushed up the quilt up my body but the soft cradle of the sunlight extracted me from my slumber.

Slowly, my eyes opened. I looked at the clock and it was just 8 am. I was just sleeping for 30 minutes. I needed more time to have the energy but I was already awake and it would be hard for me to get back to sleep.

My head snapped to the door that slowly opened. Garrett slipped in without Kyran in his hand. I pushed myself up and looked at him with panic engulfing my chest.

"Where is Kyran, Allister?" I asked Garrett when he entered our room.

He went out with our three-month-old baby boy and now, he was getting back without him? Not that I didn't trust him with my child but since Kyran was born, I got a little bit overprotective of him. As much as possible, I didn't want anything that posed any threat to his health.

Garrett smiled softly before walking toward me. His eyes were droopy and tired just like mine. Having a baby was not a joke. We lacked sleep since Kyran liked to wake up in the middle of the night, playing or crying. Garrett wanted to stay awake as I played with our child or cradled him back to sleep.

I always told him that I was fine doing the duty at night while he was asleep but my man just couldn't agree with it. He insisted that he'd assist me with Kyran anytime.

Did I say that I fell for him over and over every time I saw him with Kyran? Garrett was the best father I had ever seen. I fell for him every time I saw him holding our child; I fell for him every time I saw him humming a lullaby to our son; I fell for him every time I watched him kiss Kyran on the forehead after he put him into his crib.

"He's playing with my parents," he tousled my hair, "You've been asleep for only 30 minutes. You should get more sleep, little fire."

I sighed, "As much as I'd love to, it will be hard for me to get back to sleep," I cleared my throat, "I thought your parents were going out?"