31

EARLY MORNING, Garrett showed up with a basket of fruits and one bag of potato chips. He knew I liked potato chips and he was using that to get into my space. However, it would be a lie if I said that it did not make me feel a bit happy about it.

He was at the kitchen counter, putting the fruits in the fridge and he also told me he would cook me breakfast. My eyes lingered longer than necessary on his flexing and taut body. He was wearing a tight black shirt that accentuated the masculine build of his body. My lips parted as I stared at the corded arms busy doing things in my kitchen.

Garrett will always be a force to be reckoned with and I always found myself gawking at him secretly.

The morning sunlight streamed through the open window, showering some on Garrett, making him aglow. I could not help myself but stare at him. He was oblivious to what I was doing since he was too focused on arranging the fruits. My heart skipped when my eyes drifted to where his tattoos lie. His corded arm was covered with tattoos now but what got me every time was the face of the goddess.

His inked arm was still in the process of healing. Some parts were still swelling and reddish but he assured me he was fine. Hindi pa rin talaga ako makapaniwala na nagpatattoo siya. The straight-laced Garrett Singson had full-sleeved tattoos on his arm. What a grand headline for our school publication.

I knew that he had a tattoo on his hip, but this time it was different. It was exposed. The other one was hidden. I wasn't going to lie, just thinking about the tattoo on his hips still sent a twinge in my chest. Hindi na siguro mawawala ito. He'd been devoted and loyal to my sister for years- never did he have sex with anyone or entertain anyone since he stepped on our University. He was even celibate for years for Lia!

My insecurities always got the best of me. They were like a plague slowly ruining my mood. Alam kong walang kasalanan si Lia. However, I always questioned why she did not give Garrett a chance to prove himself to her. She was not dumb; I was sure she saw how devoted he was to her, how loyal he was. Kung sabagay, you cannot really dictate the calling of your heart.

Just like me, Garrett was entirely the opposite of my type. He was out of my league. I always dated bad boys, had one-night stands with playboys, and flirted with fuck boys. Hence, never did I imagine I would fall for someone like Garrett. A dean's lister, a straight-laced man, kind, devoted, and loyal.

Ang hindi maganda lang kasi 'pag nahulog ka sa ganitong klase ng tao, mas masakit. They could break your heart on a whim and you shouldn't feel any resentment for them because they were too good to be true and you were just a mere peasant blocking their way.

"Your lola texted me she won't be home tonight," Garrett said, looking for some ingredients for the breakfast he was going to cook.

My forehead wrinkled as I stared at him skeptically, "You two are texting each other now?"

He shrugged as if that was not a big deal, "She just texted me this morning. She asked if I can spend the night here para may kasama ka,"

I almost snorted. Lola Esmeralda and her manipulative antics! No wonder some said that I got my personality from her. We were cut from the same clothes and I was not sure if I was proud of that. Before, sure, because I looked up to her as a ruthless businesswoman. However, what happened recently just opened my eyes that she was ruthless in and outside of business. She was just too focused on strengthening her empire she did not care about the feelings of the people around her.

She regretted what she did to Lia. I could see that she was trying to change. At sana lang ay 'pag bumalik si Lia, magawa niyang patawarin si Lola . . . at ako.

"We have a maid here in her penthouse, Garrett. You don't need to accompany me for the night,"

He shrugged, "Your maid went with her,"