26

MY EYES widened as I watched him walk to us. Garrett's jaw was clenched in a tight clamp and his eyes were burning a hole into Bellamy's head. However, the latter seemed oblivious to the looming danger behind him. Bellamy stayed silent even after I released him from the hug, his eyes were brilliant red and his expression bled into something so painful I could taste it in the air.  

Aside from the fear that clawed its way to my throat by just looking at Garrett walking toward us, I felt a pang of guilt as I watched Bellamy with that kind of expression plaguing his face. This man was so in love with my sister that I could not even think how melancholic he was right now. Lia had unconsciously dug deeply into Bellamy that I could see the emptiness in his eyes after she disappeared.

"I'm sorry, Bell. I . . . I know you did nothing wrong—"

"You son of a bitch," Garrett said as he swiftly moved in front of Bellamy and threw his fist.

I shrieked as I saw Bellamy fall to the ground. Garrett was seething and his eyes were burning red. Blood trickled down from Bellamy's busted lips as he looked at Garrett with confusion. However, that confusion turned into utter hatred and anger.

"Singson . . ." Bellamy whispered as he stood up. He aggressively wiped off the blood streaming down his lips.

Before they could create such a ruckus, I pushed Garrett away. His eyes flitted to me. His anger was so potent I almost buckled. Instead of cowering from his stare, I lifted my chin and eyed him with equal anger. How dare he hit someone just because he wanted to? I knew that he had a long-time beef with Bellamy but how dare he throw a fist in front of me? Not that I would condone if he'd punched him without my presence. Still, Garrett did a dick move there and I would not let this slip away.

"What the hell is your problem?!" I hissed, pushing his chest.

His jaw clenched and his eyes darkened as they zeroed in on me. He stepped closer to me and I had to move back. My heart was beating loudly against my chest as I watched him like a beast on the loose. Ready to pounce and fracture. I'd be on his mercy if I'd let him overpower me. No, I wouldn't let that happen.

"My problem?" He hissed, "You'd been ignoring me for a few days and this is what welcomed me? You hugging that piece of shit?"

"So what?" I pushed his chest. However, my strength was not enough to make him flinch, "And a piece of shit? And you are not?"

"What are you talking about?" He snarled, "Was he the one asking you to meet him? Was he the one consistently texting you, begging you to talk to him?" He pointed at Bellamy, "That piece of shit is the reason why your sister is gone now. That piece of shit is the reason why Lia . . ."

He stopped. My chest caved in as I waited for him to finish his sentence. I could hear the crack of my heart as I realized what he was about to say. I knew it by just looking at his expression. The deprived anger and hatred were slowly creeping into his expression. He blamed Bellamy not only for what happened to Lia. He thought that Bellamy was the reason Lia did not choose him.

Fucking, asshole. I wanted to claw his eyes out and punch him in the face until I fractured that magnificent face. I wanted to hurt him so badly for continuously hurting me.

"So, what?" I asked coldly as I looked into his eyes. I saw a glint of betrayal. A fit of anger trying to claw out his expression. Bellamy was not the one texting me. Who was it? I did not know. But that was not the problem here. The problem was this asshole trying to make a ruckus, "And wait? Are you invading my privacy now? What the hell, Garrett?"

He looked at me with dripping anger I had to hold my breath not to buckle, "I just accidentally saw the messages. You were asleep and I thought it was important and there, I saw it!"