EPILOGUE - 02

GARRETT ALLISTER SINGSON  

I HATED her. Her voice, her tone, her actions, the way she spoke, her personality, and especially the way she treated Lia. Lilith Gomez was everything I despised— arrogant, proud, and fucking wicked. I witnessed how she treated her sister and the way she projected her insecurities onto her. Just thinking about how she manipulated and created a scheme to hurt Lia made my blood boil just looking at her.

That night, I was drunk and wasted. I had a low alcohol tolerance, and I fucking hated it when I lost control of myself. That night, the night I'd spent with Lilith was the worst night I ever had . . . or so I thought.

When I saw her naked, wrapped around my body after that night, my first thought was to push her away, to keep her wicked skin away from me. But there was something wrong with me at that time. Instead of pushing her away, I watched her like a creep. I watched her face— the face of a seductress. This woman could make any man kneel in front of her with her words; she commanded. She was the ruler of her own fucking world.

She was beautiful, with perfectly symmetrical features, long eyelashes that sat perfectly on her cheekbone, lips so pink you thought she used something on it, and a narrow upturned nose. She looked peaceful . . . enticing even.

It took me more than twenty minutes to remove my eyes from her. Yeah, I was a total creep. Watching the woman who treated the one I loved like trash sleep was something I should not be doing.

I pretended I didn't remember what happened that night. I told her I didn't have any recollection of what we shared that time. I wanted to prove to myself that it was just nothing. What happened between us was just a one-time thing.

But the panic that surged through my veins when I remembered I hadn't used any protection. That was so reckless of me. Well, when I started pursuing Lia, I hadn't slept with anyone else. Besides, I wasn't the type of guy who'd fool around after they professed their interest to someone. I wasn't like that.

So, when Lilith came barging into my classroom, with the defiant look she always sported, my chest clenched painfully. The way her eyes waver as they settled on me, the way she masked her expression with her defiant look, I just knew that we both fucked up.

Damn it, did I do something wrong in my past life to punish me like this? To be with someone I didn't love was not the plan I laid for myself. I didn't like her; I despised her. My head was clouded with anger and frustration. I should have been more careful— or much better I shouldn't have fucked her. We were both drunk and wasted, and after I watched her dance on that dancefloor, the piece of sanity and control in my body evaporated.

Since I was a kid, I always dreamed of having someone look at me the way Mama looked at Papa. They loved each other; they complemented each other; they were perfect for each other. I wanted that; I wanted to feel something like that.

However, growing up, it seemed impossible for me to find that kind of love. If Mama dies, Papa will follow. That was what he always said. He always said that he'd rather die first than lose my mother. She was his life and losing her meant losing himself too. Their love looked so intense and consuming . . . I hadn't felt that way to anyone.

Sure, I loved Lia, the first time I met her, I thought she was the one for me. But it wasn't as intense as what my father described as his love for my mother. Maybe, I would feel the intensity of it as time passed by. Maybe, I should have known Lia better before I felt what my father felt toward my mother.

I shouldn't be feeling anything toward Lilith. She was a vile, wicked woman. I hated her. But as time passed by, I started to gravitate toward her. At first, I was confused about why I was attracted to her. Thought it was just the lust controlling my body. But thinking that she was still in love with someone else made me upset.