18

WHEN I was a kid, papa, more often than not, made me feel like the unwanted daughter. I was the second choice and I was never the daughter he ever wanted. As if there was a knife stabbed in my chest since I was a kid and never did anyone bother to pull it off my chest.

Even my mother was unaware of the pain I was carrying since I was a kid. She was busy nursing her bruised heart while I suffer in the dark, feigning nonchalance. Showing your emotions to people was a misstep in the grand scheme of things. Emotions were always the root of failure and weakness.

I learned early to show off no emotions. I was closed off to anyone. Even to Bellamy, I never showed off my emotions and weaknesses to him. Anyone could be an enemy and they would use your weaknesses against you.

But now, I was so lost I did not know what to do. When Garrett was around, my walls were slowly falling as if years of rejection and disappointment from the people I loved did not teach me a lesson.

I was a lost cause.

Weak was an understatement when I was with Garrett. The way he looked at me as if he saw what lurked beneath me. He saw the demons and instead of running for the hills, he stayed beside me as if the grip of insecurity around my neck and the demons of my past did not bother him.

He chose to be with me. He chose me even though he loved someone else. He chose me even though I told him multiple times I was not forcing him to marry me.

That fact made the little fire in my chest ignite, spreading around every corner of my ribcage. The smoke from that fire in my chest construed to an emotion I was so afraid to feel— hope.

Hope was never good news. Hope can be blinding. It guided you to your imminent death.

I wanted to stop the flame in my chest. I wanted to close off around Garrett. I wanted to have the reign in my body just like before but every time he showed me the care I sought from the people around me before he happened in my life, my attempts fell futile.

Slowly, I was moving toward him. I was gravitating toward his orbit and I was afraid that I would be destroyed once he collided with me. Garrett would destroy me if I kept moving toward him. It was an imminent demise.

"You can call your papa and tell him you're staying over tonight," he whispered as he nuzzled his face against the crook of my neck.

His familiar scent descended into my nostrils. A masculine scent with a hint of cinnamon and a woodsy smell. His hot breath brushed against the skin of my neck as the words rolled off his lips.

"I can't stay for tonight, Garrett,"

"Says who?"

I rolled my eyes, "Says me," I slightly pushed him away from me, "Got a problem with that?"

He raised his eyebrow as his fingers grazed sensually against my cheeks, "I want to eat your pussy all night long, little fire,"

He was certified as a pussy-eater. When it came to pleasure, Garrett got off eating and devouring my pussy as if it was the last meal he would have. He was lapping and ravenously eating every corner of my slit, not for my pleasure but for his own.

"I'm spent. I can't even count the time you went down on me," I said matter-of-factly.

He glared at me and before I could do the same, he mounted on top of me and I could feel the length of his cock grazing over my wet slit.

Whimpers slipped out of my lips as I felt the urgency to have him inside of me. We had been fucking each other with our mouths but never did he try to fuck me with his cock. I felt deprived of the pleasure his monster could make me feel once it penetrated me. I wanted him to fuck me and I just knew how desperate I was right now to have him inside of me.