{44} Double the Blondes

Chapter 44:

Alison's POV

Once Maya and I landed we drove straight back to my house. We walked into my living room, I felt arms wrapping around my torso and before I knew it I was landing onto my couch on top of Maya.

"Oh my god. Maya!" I said surprised.

Maya gave me a smirk "I didn't get the chance to hold you for the entire plane ride!" Maya complained.

I gave her a small laugh before getting up off of her "Well I need to get out of these clothes." I told her.

She grinned "I can help you with that." I laughed and hit her playfully on the arm, "I can't. I have to get ready." I said.

Maya gave me a confusing look "Ready? For what?" she asked me and I instantly remembered that I wasn't planning on telling Maya about my meeting with Emily.

I shook my head "Nothing really." I said trying to dismiss the fact that I slipped out.

Maya placed her hand on my cheek "Al, what is it?" Maya asked me softly.

I cleared my throat "Well I'm meeting Emily here soon." I told her in the softest whisper I managed to let out.

Maya stepped back "Why are you meeting up with Emily?" she asked me.

I stepped toward her "It's nothing bad! I just didn't want to leave things the way they were." I told her.

Maya shook her head assuming that I wasn't telling her the truth. "Don't mess with me Alison. We just got back from Vegas and now you planned a meeting with your ex? Wait..." Maya said the last word as if she just realized something.

"...Were you trying to hide this from me? Alison?!" She asked me full of rage.

I stepped back even further while shaking my head vigorously "It's not what you think! We were just planning to talk! That's it!" I told her trying to clear things up.

Maya laughed bitterly while walking towards my front door, throwing her bag across her shoulder "Well once you have your "talk". You'll know where I am." Maya let out before leaving my house.

I sat down on my couch, Why am I not feeling guilty about this? I should be! Maya's my girlfriend and I shouldn't let her leave with her thinking that I don't want to be with her.

I should be running to her, reassuring her that nothing's going to happen and that she has nothing to be jealous about, then why am I still sitting here?

I shake my head at my inner thoughts that are zooming through my brain. I let out a deep breath once Maya leaves my driveway.

I don't have time for this much drama. I can deal with Maya later, right now I have to deal with Emily. I'm wondering if she still hasn't moved on, I smile at the thought of that.

No! Alison! You're with Maya. I shake my head trying to get rid of my smile, I made my way up the stairs to get ready for Emily's arrival.

I pull out my phone to text Emily, when I glanced on the screen a new message was alerted.

E: Hey Ali. Sorry I can't meet up with you tonight. Maybe tomorrow morning? You can come over to my hotel room. It's on Deerfield Ave. The lady in the front desk will tell you my room number. Sorry again.

I frowned at the message, Is she sick? Should I go over? I shook my head to remove the thought and decided to text Spencer instead.

A: Hey can I come over?

I waited a good ten minutes until I received a reply.

S: Sure! Hanna and Aria are here.

A: Okay. Thanks.