{22} Forever

Chapter 22:

Alison's POV

As I run to the car and attempt to open, I soon realize it was Spencer's and internally break down as my physical body drop down to the ground, back against the locked car while the girls came rushing over to me.

I feel the presence of the girls while a wave of tears overflow my eyes as the thought of Emily actually moving on from me so quickly after I left to protect her comes towering into my mind. I cringe at the excruciating thoughts of Sydney and Emily together while my anxiety comes powering through my body.

"Ali, are you okay?" Spencer asks as she kneels down while I shake my head, all three of them pulls me into an enormous hug.

"Let's get out of here. We can go to my house?" Spencer suggests as she unlocks her car.

I nods while the girls help me up, they all hop into the car and just as I was about to fully shut my door, a hand blocks the way. 

Emily. 

She quickly grabs at my arm and yanks me out of my seat while she instructs the girls to stay in the car. They all obey as Emily drags me away from the car and into the school's front schoolyard. After a few moments, I snatch my arm away from her grip.

"What the hell!" I exclaim at her once we were within safe distance from the girls.

"We have to talk about this. Please!"

"No, I don't want to talk about your little escapade with Sydney. I don't want to talk to you." I state while shaking my head as I look down with disappointment.

"I'm so sorry." Emily says sincerely as she tries to meet my gaze. After several moments of complete silence between us, Emily tries again.

" I know you don't want to talk so just listen...Sydney and I were nothing. I was broken when you left and she was always there with me. She was there when I was crying my heart out, when I didn't have the motivation to get up in the morning, when I couldn't find the urge to eat. Sydney brought me back to life, enough for me to get back onto my own feet. I'm grateful that she was there because who knows if I would even be here right now..." I explain as I inch closer to Alison, who was still not meeting my eyes. I clear my throat as I continue on.

"...I'm so sorry Alison."

I shake my head once more at her words before turning on my heels to make my way back to the car. Just as I was about to take my first step, I feel arms grab at my waist and spinning me around. I was face to face with Emily, she stares into my eyes before pulling me close and connecting our lips together.

Ugh. 

Why does she have to taste so good.

Emily's POV

I couldn't allow for Alison to just leave our relationship like this, so without thinking, I grab at her waist and connect our lips together for the 'nth' time. She attempts to push me away but I hold her close, restraining her from making any sudden movements. Once we part our lips, Alison relaxes a bit as I place our foreheads together.

"I love you Alison, only you."

"Then why did you do this to me?"

Alison looks into my eyes as I look deep into her beautiful blue ones.

"I was at my most vulnerable state, it's no excuse but it was a mistake. She was there when you weren't but not once has my love ever stopped for you." I declare to her as she tears up and places her head against my chest.

Alison pulls back and sits down, looking up at me to match her action. I do so. I look at her with questioning eyes before she begins to speak up.

"Do you remember our first kiss at the kissing rock?" I arch an eyebrow at her while she maintains her eyes up at the starry night sky.

"Is that even a question? That moment was ingrained in my brain the moment it happened."

Alison smiles as she gazes at the bright stars that covered the dark sky, she looks down and begins to play with the grass before meeting my gaze.

"I remember the stars shining extra bright that day, the wind was weak but strong enough to blow a strand of hair in our way while we kissed. I remember laughing over how adorable you looked with messy hair..." Alison laughs at the memory of our first kiss before finishing off.

"...I remember kissing you so delicately that I thought you would break if it was too harsh and sighing in relief when I was met with your beautiful face once we parted. I remember that day because that was the day I began to love you... I didn't acknowledge it back then but deep down I knew...I always knew I was going to love you." Alison smiles as she pulls me close and places her head against my chest.

"I love you...forever." I whisper against her hair as I place a kiss onto her.

Alison pulls back and cups my face before kissing me gently on the lips, I smile against her lips while she does as well

"I love you..." Alison responds as I interlace our hands and bring hers up to my lips as I place a kiss gently before finishing off her words.

"...forever."