{49} Dinner for 4

Chapter 49:

Emily's POV

That Friday

I rushed around my hotel suite while Carmen is in the bathroom finishing up her shower. We're meeting up with Alison and Maya at the grille in about an hour and Carmen insisted to get ready early.

I didn't protest because I actually wanted to be very presentable with our double date. I'm starting to become really guilty whenever I make eye contact with Carm, she has no idea of what happened between me and Ali at the Rock and I'm hoping nothing will slip out to her anytime soon.

Our double date isn't anything too formal, it's just dinner. So I causally dressed in a normal tank top and jeans and put one of my many jackets on, now I'm applying makeup, nothing too extravagant but as good as I can get it.

I hear the bathroom door swing open and all the steam weaving out as Carmen stepped out as well.

"That's a kick-ass shower." Carmen laughed as she made her way towards me.

I watched her by the reflection of the mirror I was facing. She wrapped her arms around me from behind and held me tight as she started to kiss my neck.

"But I wished you'd joined me." Carmen whispered against my skin.

I smiled as I closed my eyes at the contact of her lips and right at that moment I felt a wash of guilt overcame me as the actions at the Rock flashed into my mind.

I untangled Carmen's arms around me and turned around to face her, her eyes moved along my body to check me out. I laughed and lifted her gaze to meet mine.

"Hey. My eyes are up here if you haven't noticed."

Carmen smiled and pulled me even closer than I already was and laid a small kiss upon my lips.

"I'm sorry that my girlfriend has a nice body. It's a bit too hard to not stare at it." Carmen replied with a wink before untangling herself from me and walking over to her suitcase of clothes.

She pulled out a pair of jeans and a white blouse and began dressing herself, while I watched by the reflection of my mirror, too distracted to finish up.

"I can literally sense your eyes roaming on my body." Carmen laughed as she looked over her shoulder to smirk at me, I laughed gently before making my way towards her side of the room.

I pulled her by the waist and wrapped my arms around her hips "You ready?" I asked her delicately as her face softened and gave back a smile.

"Did you text Alison yet?"

I nodded "All set. She said they're leaving soon to meet us there in a while so we can go and meet them there early." I told Carmen as she nodded and kissed my cheek and untangled herself off from me to retrieve her purse and her makeup bag.

"I'll be right out and then we can leave." Carmen told me as she stepped into the bathroom again.

I didn't need a purse so I was all ready, I made my way towards the couch, out by the living area of the suite and pulled out my phone while I waited for Carmen's return.

I scanned through my messages until I came across Alison's name. Alison hasn't confronted Maya about anything I've told her yet, which I'm pretty grateful about.

I don't need Maya mad at me for ruining Alison's perspective of her, that would only make shit worse. I'm just hoping that nothing awkward happens over dinner, then again nothing ever goes as I plan it to be.

I started to text Alison to tell her we were almost done.

E: Hey. We're almost done, we'll be at the grille in a few.