{51} Choices

Chapter 51:

Alison's POV

I backed away from the very angry blonde that was coming at me with hatred and betrayal in her eyes.

"What the fuck?" I heard Carmen yell as she increased her speed, just as she was about to hit me once more, Emily held onto her.

Carmen tried to struggle free from Emily's grasp and succeed because instead of me getting slapped, Emily did.

"Don't fucking touch me!" Carmen yells at Emily, who has her hand held up at her right cheek, rubbing it to decrease the redness of the color.

My protective instincts overcame me and I reached over to Emily, placing my hand onto her hand that was held on her cheek. Emily flinched away and backed away from me but stepped forward towards Carmen.

"Carm...please. Not here." Emily whispered quietly, Carmen shook her head as the continuous flow of tears escaped her eyes.

"What the fuck is this?" Carmen questioned us, I stepped forward "Look Carmen..."

I was interrupted short when Carmen spoke unexpectedly "No! Not you. I want to hear this from Emily." Carmen paused before repeating the words once more. "What the fuck is this?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing?!?" Carmen exclaimed furiously "So your tongue down her throat is nothing?"

"It didn't mean anything." Emily let out as she maintained eye contact with Carmen.

My face was furious "What the fuck do you mean it was nothing Emily?"

Emily ignored my comment and continued speaking while walking towards Carmen "I don't want to lose you Carm."

Carmen's eyes shut closed "No. Don't you dare lie to me." Carmen softly said. "I can't do this." Carmen finally said.

Emily's eyes widened "What do you mean?"

"I think we should end this."

"No. No. Tell me what I can do to fix this?"

Carmen glanced over to me and I instantly knew what she wanted. If she even thinks that Emily would agree on this little plot of hers, she's mistaken.

"You pick...Me...or Her." Carmen said as she points towards my direction. Emily changed positions so she can see both of us, Emily's eyes grew wide, eyebrows knitted together at the absurd offer.

"What? You want me to pick?"

"Yes. Or I'm gone from your life."

"...Emily...Don't." I whispered quietly with pleading eyes. At first I wasn't that afraid of losing Emily to her but Emily's hesitation frightened me.

Emily shook her head "Carmen. You can't be serious?"

"I don't want to lose you either but I can't keep doing this if you're still in love with her."

"She is!" I told Carmen, my eyes full of anger.

Carmen squinted her eyes "YOU are in love with her. You can't let her go. I can help Emily with that." Carmen spoke bitterly towards me.

I shook my head and laughed humorlessly "She'll never love you, she'll always be mine. Emily loves me."

"You're with Maya."

"And Emily's with you but that didn't stop her from kissing me."

"ENOUGH!"

Me and Carmen broke eye contact and faced Emily, who seemed completely done with our bullshit. "Both of you! STOP!" Emily yelled frustratingly, as she ran her hand through her hair.