{50} Caught

Chapter 50:

Emily's POV

"So that's 2 salads, 2 chicken wraps...1 with no ranch, 1 plate of chicken wings, with 3 colas and 1 water with a lemon...correct?"

Maya nodded "Yes that's it. Thank you." She said towards our waitress who got our order.

We all gave our waitress a final smile as she made her way to the back to place our order. We all sat at our table awkwardly, since none of us knew how to extinguish into a conversation that would be even remotely interesting for all 4 of us to enjoy on.

I obviously have different interests compared to the other 3, but I do know for one thing is that Carmen and Alison have several things in common.

Also including the fact that they both have blonde hair, blue eyes, that perfect chin, and even their height are all too similar, but they do have several differences between the two.

Such as Alison's laugh, the way she laughs is so endearing, the way her eyes crinkle up and how her head tilts back a bit could possible be one of the several things that I love about her.

I would be in the absolute worse mood ever but once my ears get even a whisper of her laugh, my entire attitude will change like that, like a flip of a switch.

It still does that, I don't know why but I do know no matter how hard things between me and Ali are, she'll still be a piece of my heart and I have absolutely no control to change that, no matter how hard I try to move on, she'll always be there.

Dammit Emily!

I curse to myself because of how impacted I still am around her, somehow Carmen's hand found its way into mine, we interlocked our hands together.

I cleared my throat which caught all 3 girls' attention, I smiled shyly, a bit overwhelmed with the fact that all 6 eyes were on me.

"So...nice weather we're having tonight." I let out, trying to start any type of conversation between all 4 of us, but all I got was 3 individual laughs, but only 1 made me smile like an idiot.

Yup, you guessed it...It was Ali's.

"Oh my god Em! When did you get all lame?" Alison laughed as she playfully punched my arm.

I rubbed the spot that got in contact with her hand, acting as if I got hurt by her little attempt of a punch. My six-year old cousin can punch better than that to be honest.

"I'm not lame. All you guys are. I was just trying to make conversation." I replied, smiling towards Alison because she was still laughing.

God. I love her laugh so much.

Carmen squeezed my hand which caught my attention fast, I shouldn't be gazing at Alison, my ex, especially when Carmen, my girlfriend is literally right next to me.

I always have to remind myself about that. Alison...ex...Carmen...girlfriend.

I blanked out a bit while Carmen was speaking to me, I barely heard what she was even saying. "We know you were. But it was just how that's like the lamest conversation starter ever." Carmen laughed lightly as she leaned in against me and rested her head into the crook of my neck.

I quickly glanced at Alison and her eyes glared right at Carmen, which Carmen couldn't notice due to her closing her eyes and relaxing further against my shoulder.

Maya then leaned forward against the table as if she was telling a secret, "So tell me...how's your sex life?" Maya asked playfully, my eyebrows arched and Carmen erupted into laughter, which caught several stares from the tables around us.