{27} Goodbye?

Chapter 27:

Emily's POV

After Alison and I finally built up enough courage, we leave my house and start to head over to The Brew, we decide to walk instead of driving to reminisce our old walks up and down the streets of Rosewood.

"So, are you ready to leave Rosewood?" Alison asks, trying to break the comfortable silence. I thought about it for awhile, already knowing that I absolutely hate the fact that I'm actually leaving.

"Nope..." I reply simply before continuing on.

"...and I'm definitely not ready to leave you." I start once again, Alison stops walking and turns to face me with a serious look on her face.

"Okay, we seriously need to stop reminding ourselves we're breaking up." 

"Yeah, I know. I just wish I could forget that we're actually done. " I confess with sad eyes.

"I know, so do I. " Alison replies back as she looks down at the sidewalk while we continue to walk.

We stay in silence for awhile before Alison looks up to me with a reassuring smile, we continue to talk just like old times before any of the drama happened. I look at her beautiful blues once more before speaking up again.

"Okay, so let's just...just let it go." I say while internally trying to handle my upsetting feelings.

Alison stands there silent before stepping forward and pressing her lips against mine, she latches on for a while until she backs away and rests our foreheads together before whispering.

"I'll never let us go."

I interlock our hands and gently kiss hers, she smiles and I try to capture her smile for as long as I could. We soon arrive to The Brew and spot the girls, we quickly make our way towards them, forgetting about our hands.  We sit down in the two open seats and greet them while Hanna gives us a smug look.

"You guys did it, didn't you?"

I look at Alison and she looks back at me, we quickly withdraw our hands while she softly giggles at Hanna's remark and I decide to hold back my laughter and answer Hanna's assumption.

"Pfffft No." I answer back truthfully while Spencer looks at us, amused and lets out a laugh.

"Ha! Sure y'all didn't." Spencer replies back, winking at us.

We all burst into laughter as I feel a hand reach for mine and I knew it was Alison, she looks at me and we interlock our fingers once again while we rest our hands upon her lap.

Alison's POV

We all fall into a deep conversation while drinking coffee until we got rudely interrupted by a wild Mona. I huff aloud while taking a sip of my coffee as she finally reaches our group.

"Hello girls, how goes it?" Mona speaks up as she looks at all of us. Spencer sighs before looking up to meet Mona's gaze.

"We're fine, Mona. We're just trying to have one last coffee together, if you don't mind." Spencer responds back while motioning an arm for her to leave us alone. Mona smiles as she looks over to Emily.

"Oh yes, dear Emily, I did hear you were moving."

"Yeah, I am." Emily speaks up as she squeezes my hand. Mona notices and smirks at our direction before speaking up once again.

"So how do you feel about that,  Alison?" Mona questions towards me but before I could have the chance to speak up, Emily cuts in.

"What is this? A therapy session? Mona, please I just want to have one last chance alone with my girls." 

Mona bows down while holding her hands up in defeat as she begins to back away.

"Okay, as you wish. I'll see the rest of you girls later..." Mona lets out before continuing on.

"...Oh and safe travels, Emily." she finishes off with a smile before grabbing her coffee and exiting The Brew. We all exchange looks and shrug off the common mysterious creature we call Mona. 

After we finish our conversations and coffees, the time to bring Emily to the airport finally came.  We swiftly make our way to there, park and quickly roam through the chaotic crowd of tourists until we found Mrs. Fields.

"Okay, you got everything?" Spencer asks, concerned and double checking everything for Emily. Emily nods before pulling us into one last group hug.

"I'm gonna miss you guys so much." We all burst into tears while we pull apart from each other. Emily lets out a few sniffles as well as Aria before Hanna clears her throat and speaks up.

"We'll see you soon, alright?" Hanna questions while I look over at Emily, hopeful that the answer will be yes.

"Of course." Emily replies back while attempting  to hold back her tears.

*FLIGHT 207 TO TEXAS, NOW BOARDING*

We all hear the intercom tone let out. All our eyes lay back onto Emily, who picks up her bag and slides it onto her shoulders.

"Okay, I guess this is goodbye." Emily says painfully as she allows her tears to stream down her face.

"It's not goodbye, it's see you later. Okay?" Spencer speaks up as she allows her tears to stream down as well. Emily and the rest of the girls all nod but I knew that Emily directed her statement towards me. I step forward towards Emily and gently kiss her lips before telling her.

"It's not goodbye, you know that." I rest my forehead alongside hers while she nods.

"I love you."

"I love you." I tell Emily with tears running down my face.

"Okay, we have to go now. Goodbye girls...we'll try to visit soon." Mrs. Fields says while pulling onto Emily's arm.

"Forever." Emily whispers as she allows her mother to pull herself away from me.

As I watch Emily walk away and board her plane, my feet begin to walk slowly...and soon faster into a run, until I feel three arms grab me, simultaneously in a hold. I turn around and found Hanna, Aria, and Spencer crying while trying to hold me back.

"You have to let her go." Spencer says, weakly as her eyes were watching Emily's boarding plane door close shut.

I shake my head as I struggle to break free, soon I start to run again but with the girls attached onto me towards the window of where Emily's plane was, but it was too late. The girls release their hold of me as I watch Emily's plane fly away, I put one hand upon the window, watching the plane slowly drift past the clouds and far off into the distance.

I'll find you once again, Emily..

...I'll never let you go.