{13} Reunited

Chapter 13:

Alison's POV

Upon arriving to the Hastings' household, I begin to panic in my car while I watch Hanna and Aria make their way from theirs over to mine. I hop out of my car as I readjust my clothes, attempting to look presentable before I walk in the house, knowing damn well Emily was on the other side of those doors. Aria and Hanna questions if I'm okay with everything still as I swallow down my anxiety while nodding in response, I take a deep breath as I follow behind the two.

"What? No way! Where have you been?" I hear Spencer yell out moments after she swings the door open, greeting me with a full hug and jumping with me attached, frantically. I laugh in response, very excited over seeing my amazing smart ass of a best friend. 

"I missed you so much Spence!" I laugh incoherently into her shoulder as she sets me back down,

"I missed you too bitch, now please reveal all the details over what's been happening with you for the past year!" Spencer exclaims as she grabs the bags of food and walks us towards the couch while Toby gets up and walks over to greet me with a hug.

"Nice to see you Toby!"

"You as well Ali!"

Hanna picks up her plate of food before sitting down and begins to devour her meal, she looks at me before patting a nearby seat.

"Come on Ali, sit and spill!" 

I laugh once more, realizing how much I've missed the girls. My phone soon starts to ring before I could make my way over to Hanna, I look at the caller ID and swiftly excuse myself outside to take the call all while ignoring the curious looks I was receiving from the four. I answer the phone before the last ring rung out, however, the signal was too poor to actually connect the call, I sigh out of annoyance, mentally reminding myself to call them back, I turn back around to open the door and soon I was met with my favorite pair of chocolate brown orbs.

"Hey Em, did you miss me?" 

She stares at me as if I wasn't actually here, like I was some ghost that would disappear into thin air at any moment. She slowly approaches me, grabbing my forearms and giving me a light squeeze to check if I was real. I laugh softly at her dearly missed wits.

Oh God, did I miss her.

"Where have you been Alison?" Emily asks me gently, I look at her eyes before looking down, somehow nervous under Emily's gaze.

"I've been in Ravenswood for the past year..." I start out as I fiddle with my hands.

Emily attempts to catch my eyes but I couldn't look bring myself to look at her in the eyes completely, it just brings back memories of how I left.

"Okay well, we'll give you guys some privacy." Spencer says as she gets up and pulls on Toby's arm.

"What? What about the food?" Hanna asks with concern as she also gets up from her seat, Aria shakes her head before grabbing the bag of food.

"You already know I'm bringing it with me." Aria replies as she scurries up the stairs, Spencer and Toby walking up behind her and Hanna coming up fast behind them.

Once we hear the door shut close from upstairs, Emily walks over to the couch, her hand pulling onto mine as she drags me with her and sits down, she shakes her head while looking down. 

"Why did you leave? Why did you leave me?"

After hearing that I begin to tear up, I kneel down where we could be at eye level. Emily notices me crying as she grabs my face and wipes away the my stream of tears.