{10} The Hospital

Chapter 10:

Emily's POV

Just before I could mention Paige sending the A text, Mona walks in with a smile plastered on her face, eager to start a devilish conversation with us.

"What are you doing here Mona?" Alison says standing up still holding my hand in hers.

"Don't get your panties in a twist Alison, I'm just here to talk to you about Paige." Mona responds back while making challenging eye contact with me.

Spencer, Aria, Hanna and Alison all look at each other dazed and confused after I had just told them not to worry about A or Paige and now Mona's here already mentioning Paige? It all seems very suspicious honestly.

"What is it, Mona?" Hanna asks curiously, eager to know the details that Mona was about to spill. Mona flashes us her famous devilish smile.

"Why ask me? Emily knows so how about asking her?" Mona lets out as she turns to fully face me.

"Right Emily? Why don't you tell them...tell them how it was Paige that sent the A text and how you've been covering for her?" Mona reveals, looking around the room for any reactions.

"What? No way, Emily would never do that." Alison states as she turns to me. I look down while shaking my head, I swallow hard before looking up and explaining what happened.

Apparently my silence was enough for her and just before the words were about to escape my mouth, she gives me a disappointed look and bolts out the room.

"Alison no wait! Let me explain!" I scream after her trying to get up from the millions of wires attached to me.

"Wait Emily, you knew Paige sent the text?" Spencer asks as she approaches me, arms crossed with a concerning look upon her face.

"Okay yes I did but I was going to tell you guys..." I try to explain while I turn to Mona who was standing there all awkwardly as if she wasn't the one who just caused the mess that was in my room. I glare at her as I huff out and point at her angrily. 

"Get the fuck out of here!"

"As you wish Miss Fields." Mona says as she bows down, smirking at all of us and walks out.

I return my attention while all the girls look at me with disappointment, their eyes burning through my soul with sadness and shame.

"Guys, listen I was going to tell you—"

"You couldn't call us? You should've tried to contact us the second you found out. Why didn't you?" Aria interrupts my explanation, hoping to hear a thorough answer.

"I-I—I don't know."

Spencer scoffs, looks at me and walks out, evidently irritated by my answer.

"Of course you don't." Hanna sighs as she walks out with Aria to go join Spencer in the hallway.

I was baffled at what just happened. How can all of this go to shit so fast and it all be my fault? I mean I literally just woke up. Feeling defeated, I close my eyes, denying the request of tears that were pleading to escape my lids.

Alison's POV

As I walk down the hallway with frantic nurses and doctors running back and forth, I keep back my tears before I spot Paige at the front desk asking for Emily. With anger fueling inside me, I march over to the front desk while nudging at Paige to get her full attention.

"Don't let her in." I state at the nurse firmly. One of Wren's many nurses looks at me, confused at my statement before explaining.

"She can only be banned if the patient does not want to be seen by her—"

"Yes, she doesn't want to see her." I assert back, maintaining eye contact with Paige. Paige looks at me with eyes fill with rage.

"YOU. ME. OUTSIDE. NOW."

While we make our way to the front of the hospital, I turn around to face her, arms crossed and in my steady bitch stance. I was ready to pounce at any time now.

"You'll always be a bitch, huh?" Paige says as I situated myself to her.

"Me? A bitch? Oh sweetheart, tell me something I don't know." I chuckle at her poor excuse of an insult, I purse my lips before continuing.

"At least I'm not desperate enough to write a fake text just to get back together with Emily." I state as I continue to chuckle at the fact that Paige is really trying to justify her actions.

"I'm not desperate. We're in love and we're meant to be. Emily and I know that and I'm not just going to let that love go easily."

At that I begin to die with laughter, I crouch over my stomach due to the intense comedic pain it was inducing as Paige stands in front of me, defensive and stubborn as usual.

"How can you be in love if Emily loves me? Stop with your delusions already, Emily and I are together. Alright? Just accept it and move on." I tell her firmly as I turn around, trying to escape the situation. Paige shakes her head and pulls on my arm, roughly. 

"Get off of me!" I snap at her, snatching my arm back and rubbing the inflicted area.

"You don't deserve Emily."

I wince at the statement. It's true. Emily is such a beautiful soul and there is no lifetimes in the world where I could ever deserve her, I'll always know that but that doesn't mean Paige ever will.

"Obviously, I deserve her much more than you do. Have fun being alone." I slyly reply with as I turn back around to walk towards the entrance of the hospital.

Midway through the lot, someone grabs at my shoulder...

Hanna's POV

After all of us had that little hissy fit with Emily, I start to get hungry so  I look around and I quickly find a vending machine room. 

Thank God but God damn is it sketchy.

It was just a room with 4 vending machines, a door, an annoying blinking light and absolutely no windows. As I walk in, only one person was inside; he was a guy about my age, short hair, with broad shoulders, standing opposite from me. I was starving by the time I approach one of the machines so I start by selecting my a few bags of my favorite chips, an iced green tea, and a pack of cupcakes; for dessert, of course. The guy begins to snicker and I look over, giving him a nasty look even though he couldn't see me.

"Hmmm, still your favorite chips Hanna?" The guy croaks out while my eyes widens, taken by surprise by the deep familiar voice.

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" I ask back curiously.

"Well you should..." He says as he turns around and walks forward into the sketchy blinking light. I drop all my shit as I question my sight of his being. I blink profusely, thinking there was no way he could be standing in front of me.

"W-W--What are you doing here?..."