{48} The Rock Talk

Chapter 48:

Alison's POV

I blinked making sure my eyes were seeing correctly, I let out a laugh before turning back around and sitting down on the rock which was actually pretty dry due to the trees that are covering over the rock. I looked back up giving my full attention.

"What are you doing here?"

I smiled "I could ask you the same thing Em"

Emily looked around the scenery before sitting down on the rock beside me looking over the side to where the EF + AD was labeled on.

"Where's Carmen? It's late" I asked Emily as I looked down towards my shoes.

"She's back at the hotel, she fell asleep and I needed somewhere to think." Emily told me as she shifted her position.

Silence over came us as we sat there not making eye contact whatsoever. I needed to talk about the Maya thing but whenever I would even try to bring it up, my voice would get hitched up in my throat and prevent me from speaking even a bit of it.

I cleared my throat which caught Emily's attention, I continued avoiding her eyes as she did the complete opposite of me and tried to meet ours together.

I shook my head as I softly whispered the question I've been trying to get out for a while now. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Tell you what?"

"About Maya? About Texas."

Emily's eyes widened at my sudden question before standing up and pacing back and forth. "Please don't be mad at me for not telling you."

"I'm angry but not towards you. I'm confused. Why didn't you tell me? Did Maya blackmail you too?"

Emily shook her head "I thought it would be better off with you not knowing. I ran into Maya one night outside of your condo, I was just about to tell you about everything until Maya told me some activities you guys did back in your condo." Emily said as she kicked a small pebble, she gulped before speaking again.

"I sort of suspected that it was over between us. That you chose Maya after all the time you asked me to give you. And I was also really guilty and mad at myself for not stopping what happened in Texas. I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I just thought there's no use because you'd never be mine anymore." Emily explained as she avoided my eyes and looked up at the sky that was still pouring rain.

I stood up as well, I couldn't talk, my voice wouldn't come out, I shook my head. How the hell did we get into this mess? Why are we even in it?

"Em?" I spoke softly trying to get Emily to look at me but her gaze was looking everywhere else but mine.

I stepped in front of her, demanding her attention "Em, would you look at me please?"

Emily finally gave in and looked at me, I rested my hand against her cheek and softly rubbed my thumb upon her face.

"I'm so sorry" I apologized

"Why are you sorry? You didn't do anything wrong?"

I shook my head "I didn't trust you. I trusted that bitch, I can't believe how stupid I am to fall for what she did."

Emily shook her head "Ali. You're not stupid. Maya, she really really likes you. Possibly loves you. But she let her feelings overcome her conscience and do what ever was necessary to get you. I know how she felt, I know what it's like to fall for you and not have you. So she did what she did back in Texas because her feelings left her no choice. We met up before I left for Texas, and I told her that if she can make you happy then I wouldn't stop her from going after you."